Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Katharine Overgaard

Question Housing...

So, I'm sure I'm just overlooking something on the main Class of 2010 page, but do any of you know when it is that we're getting our rooming info? Friends from my high school who are going to Skidmore, Hobart and William Smith, and Clark University all already know who their roomies are.. and I'm getting impatient

... just curious.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Emily Smykla

I can't say this with 100% certainty because I don't work for Drew and I'm not on the OC, but if you go to the Class of 2010 page, you'll see a box over to the right that says "Important Information" and under that, there's a section on housing. When you click "room assignment" or "roommate," you should get directed to a page that says that housing info will be posted on August 1. So, around then, I would guess. When I was an incoming freshman, I think we got our housing info around the end of July/beginning of August as well.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Alicia E. Lutes

also, don't be too surprised if things are a little bit late--though i do not know if they will be or won't be--i just know that the incoming freshmen class in VERY large & so trying to finagle all the housing specs is probably more than a bit of a challenge!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Katharine Overgaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia E. Lutes
also, don't be too surprised if things are a little bit late--though i do not know if they will be or won't be--i just know that the incoming freshmen class in VERY large & so trying to finagle all the housing specs is probably more than a bit of a challenge!

Ahh, yes... Maggie and I keep having chats about how ridiculously large the incoming freshman class is.... so that would make sense, wouldn't it!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Ranger Cub

Funny thing about the incoming class: at least for me, it's smaller than the class I graduated highschool with by a good 200 students. I'm really looking forward to being in a smaller class! :-D

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. ~ Douglas Adams

If someone wants a sheep, then that means that he exists. ~ Antoine de St. Exupery
Old 07-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Emily Smykla

How big, exactly, is the freshman class?

I will be interested to see just how the Drew housing people figure out what to do with all you guys. Let's hope they don't have to resort to converting doubles into triples, eh?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Jennifer Stapelfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Smykla

I will be interested to see just how the Drew housing people figure out what to do with all you guys. Let's hope they don't have to resort to converting doubles into triples, eh?

Not Funny.

Maybe Drew should just rent a lovely little house for all the wonderful new transfer students to live in.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Alona Gutman

Wow, that is small...I think this class will be very close in size to my high school's graduating class, about 450 students, I think it was.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Ranger Cub

I beat you all. My graduating class was 41.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Mary Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Smykla
How big, exactly, is the freshman class?

I got a letter in the mail saying our class was the biggest ever at 510 students. That beats my graduating class by a good 200 kids, so I'm actually moving a step up. Yay!