Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Young Squirrel

Default Hoyt Ghost.

So I lived on Hoyt fourth for a week and one day now. and I haven't seen a ghost.... a huge closet. a huge room. alot of stairs for move in ( def a minus).... but the only suspcious activity was my rd sneaking in to give me white black and bling invitations...

anyone seen this being?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Young Squirrel

oh and the basement, especially the part thats broken into, is rather creepy as well.... kinda liked a locked up moldy basement.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

But how would you know how creepy the part that is broken into is? One would hope you did not do the breaking-into.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Young Squirrel

I must admit, that you caught me.

I do not know exactly how creepy that part is, having never been there, I can only say that looking through the gate looks creepy...
Old 09-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Drewid

Well I know for a fact that someone from this forum has been in that area of hoyt basement. They were denied access and still managed to get in, with the help of an accomplice. They managed to discover the area of many recycle bins. Though no one else has ever seen these bins, and are generally considered to be a myth.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 09-04-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Back in the day

There used to be a Civil Defense fallout shelter kit down in Hoyt basement. Water cans, survival crackers in metal tins, medical supplies, and a book on how to provide medical care to those who had been hurt by the nuclear destruction. A lot of the instructions involved giving people the phenobarbital that was in the kit so they would be peaceful and not disturb the other shelter residents.

I'm pretty sure that stuff's not there anymore. There were a few fallout shelters on campus--it'd be interesting to track them down again.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:32 PM

The (roughly west) side of the Hoyt basement on the right (past where the boiler is) used to be the air rifle club range. Disbanded sometime around 1987. They were still listed as a club, so the Yearbook still had a picture scheduled. A bunch of students who played laser tag in various buildings showed up for the picture instead - not sure what year it was. Sometime around 1988/89/90, I think.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth G. Welch
So I lived on Hoyt fourth for a week and one day now. and I haven't seen a ghost.... a huge closet. a huge room. alot of stairs for move in ( def a minus).... but the only suspcious activity was my rd sneaking in to give me white black and bling invitations...

anyone seen this being?

give her some time. she generally doesn't bother girls she likes, but i don't know many people who have lived there for an entire year and not seen SOMETHING.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Well I know for a fact that someone from this forum has been in that area of hoyt basement. They were denied access and still managed to get in, with the help of an accomplice. They managed to discover the area of many recycle bins. Though no one else has ever seen these bins, and are generally considered to be a myth.

oh i hate hoyt basement. i had to go down there once to pack up woco stuff. it smells bad and is no fun.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Young Squirrel

Does anyone know the "story" of the Hoyt ghost? I can never remember if she hung herself, or if she was the victim of a homicide...
The only detail I can clearly recall is it was because of an encounter from one of the Navy guys living in Hoyt during WWII....