Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Theo Students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Jameel Morrison

Default Jan Term?

Does Drew offer a Winter session for classes in addition to a summer session for classes, commonly referred to as "Jan-Term"?

Or is that just another expression to reference the Spring Semester? I was looking about for something like this, but didn't have much good results from my search....
Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Cleante Apollon

hi jameel. i'm not sure if cla (college of liberal arts) does, but the theological school does. it meets intensively from jan 2/3 to the week before the end of the month. for '08, it'll probably be from jan 2-25, and may include saturday/sunday -- depending on the class. you can check with the registrar's office to be certain about cla times.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Jameel Morrison

So then, Jan Term is where they fit 11 weeks of class time into four and give you a grade? I am a Theo student. I know that some of the cross-cultural requirements are addressed during this time, but I wasn't sure if they actually had classes, and the online calendars don't reflect any information at the present.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Cleante Apollon

yep. typically no required subjects are offered, but they usually offer electives in addition to the cross cultural stuff. if i remember correctly, as of this semester, you'll only be allowed to take up to 6 hours in jan. some folk took 9 the past couple of years. it's not difficult to take more, but control is an issue.

just a heads up -- keep abreast of what you need and what you've taken. check with alma tuitt or michell camptell and see if they have an old copy of the projected required schedule list for spring. they'll definately offer church history 2, new testament, ethics, systematic theology, and the other "2nd semester" courses. in this case, the list should show 2007-2009 -- two years out to enable students to have a general idea of when they can take specific classes. the catalogue won't reflect anything till late october/early november.

i'll be in the cyber cafe 2moro -- tuesday -- somewhere around 8a-ish if you want to chat. take care.

So then, Jan Term is where they fit 11 weeks of class time into four and give you a grade? I am a Theo student. I know that some of the cross-cultural requirements are addressed during this time, but I wasn't sure if they actually had classes, and the online calendars don't reflect any information at the present.