Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

You can't rip the songs off your ipod, though.

at least not with iTunes. I think there might be various third-party programs that will let you do that, although they're probably against all sorts of EULAs you accepted for iTunes and the iPod.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Drewid

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
You can't rip the songs off your ipod, though.

at least not with iTunes. I think there might be various third-party programs that will let you do that, although they're probably against all sorts of EULAs you accepted for iTunes and the iPod.
Not SO. ROb and I discovered that all the music on the Ipod is available in m4a's that you can grab off of it. You need to enable it as a disk storage device and make it so your comp can view hidden files and folders. Under ([X]:\iPod_Control\Music), you can find a bunch of folders with all the music. There seems to be no meta data or any real order to the music, but its there.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Elder Drewid

As a side note, I hate Ipods.

I cried when I saw this:

That is all.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Zachary C. Kanfer

well, kegan, when you bring that up, I remember seeing the files on my ipod. that's pretty funny, that they say you can't upload them, but all you have to do is view hidden files. it reminds me of pressing shift to stop autoplay of copyright-protected cds.

and ipods have become kinda big for djs, because they're a lot easier to carry around than a bunch of cds or vinyl. and if you put them into a machine like the one you posted, golly, they can be used much like regular dj equipment.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Drewid

Quote:
well, kegan, when you bring that up, I remember seeing the files on my ipod. that's pretty funny, that they say you can't upload them, but all you have to do is view hidden files. it reminds me of pressing shift to stop autoplay of copyright-protected cds.

and ipods have become kinda big for djs, because they're a lot easier to carry around than a bunch of cds or vinyl. and if you put them into a machine like the one you posted, golly, they can be used much like regular dj equipment.
Heh, that reminds me when people would give the "advice" of pressing alt-f4 to fix random computer problems or to speed up the net.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Ryan J. Crowley

You mean that doesn't work?!? Okay, plan B. Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

....Dammit!....

Old 07-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

ctrl-W.

and the best part of that one is that most people don't know it. well, at least fewer people know that then ctrl-alt-del or alt-F4
Old 07-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Drewid

Quote:
ctrl-W.

and the best part of that one is that most people don't know it. well, at least fewer people know that then ctrl-alt-del or alt-F4
But wouldnt it be better if more people knew about Ctrl+Alt+Del, tragically 1337?s

Of course you could always tell people to hit Win + U and then strike s quickly. Wont work (or it shouldnt unless they're total idiot) if they see the Dialogue box tho.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Elder Drewid

Quote:

That's exactly what I'm saying.

'Tis a sad, sad day.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Andrew L. Schaffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Not SO. ROb and I discovered that all the music on the Ipod is available in m4a's that you can grab off of it. You need to enable it as a disk storage device and make it so your comp can view hidden files and folders. Under ([X]:\iPod_Control\Music), you can find a bunch of folders with all the music. There seems to be no meta data or any real order to the music, but its there.

There are also programs that do it without losing the meta data. I've never actually used any of them so I can't attest for how great they are but I hear about them occasionally

http://sturm.t35.com/sharepod/

http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

http://www.mlipod.com/

http://www.ephpod.com/