Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine A. Overgaard
Ahh, to first experience snow as a college student.... sometimes I wish I lived that life. Then I remember how lovely it is where I grew up, and I don't fret about it any longer. haha

from what part of the snow belt do you hail?
Old 08-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Jackie DiLorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia O'Neil
see, when i read your first post, i read "cool" as the figurative meaning, not the temperature meaning as apparently most other people did. way to go ambiguous sentences! score one for tricky semantics!

Hahaha, that's what I thought she meant, and I was like, "What? That's so random."

MY IPOD IS BROKEN FOR THE 94508048503TH TIME. I'M MAD.

I just had to share.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Katharine A. Overgaard

Quote:
from what part of the snow belt do you hail?

Just south of the Vermont border in Mass., next to the CT river ... and it's not even that bad where I'm from I think it's just the stubborn New Englander in me that get's all defensive about Winter... hehe
Old 08-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Mary R. Richmond

Okay, I visited during the open house in mid-November 2005 and it was absolutely breathtaking. That's what helped me initially fall in love with the campus. Our tour guide person said we were lucky cuz every time they had one of those open house things it seemed to rain but instead it was just sunny and gorgeous.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laure D'Angelo
I meant cool and not cold!!!!!!!!!
I didn't ask for a weather report of any kind...

Since you mentioned a season, I assumed you were asking about climate.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary R. Richmond
Okay, I visited during the open house in mid-November 2005 and it was absolutely breathtaking. That's what helped me initially fall in love with the campus. Our tour guide person said we were lucky cuz every time they had one of those open house things it seemed to rain but instead it was just sunny and gorgeous.

hahaha that's totally true. i usually like to saunter around campus and do/yell weird things [gotta weed out the non-cool prospectives, you know...drew's a strange place] but 4 out of 5 major open houses were crappy and i didn't care enough to get soaking wet.

the moral of the story: if you saw something strange involving a girl with any shade of blue-purple hair, it was me.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine A. Overgaard
Just south of the Vermont border in Mass., next to the CT river ... and it's not even that bad where I'm from I think it's just the stubborn New Englander in me that get's all defensive about Winter... hehe

I'm from Rhode Island, and old enough to remember January/February 1978 - a bad ice storm, followed a few weeks later by the blizzard. The best part of the blizzard? They forcast something like 2" of snow, not 3 feet. I have to admit that kind of adjusted my winter weather scale. If things don't shut down for a week, it's not that bad.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Katharine A. Overgaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Coen
I'm from Rhode Island, and old enough to remember January/February 1978 - a bad ice storm, followed a few weeks later by the blizzard. The best part of the blizzard? They forcast something like 2" of snow, not 3 feet. I have to admit that kind of adjusted my winter weather scale. If things don't shut down for a week, it's not that bad.

Haha, thank you! I agree completely.. heh.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Ranger Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Coen
I'm a fellow Rhode Islander! And while I'm not old enough to remember the blizzard of '78, I do remember the nor'easter of...'98? Being, like, 10, maybe it seemed a lot more of a big deal than it was...but I can remember struggling through thigh deep snow over to my neighbor's house, and almost being buried under snow falling from their roof. Good times.

Oh, and for the cold factor, one winter a couple of years ago it was like, 15 degrees below zero with the wind chill, and you could get frostbite in 5-10 minutes...also good times.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Raven M. Brockriede

Quote:
hahaha that's totally true. i usually like to saunter around campus and do/yell weird things [gotta weed out the non-cool prospectives, you know...drew's a strange place] but 4 out of 5 major open houses were crappy and i didn't care enough to get soaking wet.

the moral of the story: if you saw something strange involving a girl with any shade of blue-purple hair, it was me.

hmmmmmmmmmm...you sound like a person to go to when BOREDUM is a threat of an option....lol!

*although I may be a bit SCARED of you....for no reason in particular...none at ALL...

***don't hurt me!!!!!!!****

_flinch_ haha!

j/k

3.5 days bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to be there at 8am....sadness...

Oh, and I grew up here, and HATE NJ winter, but HATE MA winter EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm moving to SC after college....to say the least!