Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Matice A. McMillan

Default No Heat in McLendon since move in

It really bothers me that there is no heat in the new dorm building. Its going on two weeks and there has not been any heat whatsoever. I have not complained about it for a week but its going into the second week and its below freezing tonight. If the dorm wasn't ready for occupancy then have us wait not allow us to freeze. Anytime maintenance is contacted they give the same answer "someone is working on it", "it should be on soon", or "it'll be on tonight"...nothing has been done about it and its cold as heck out. Im highly upset. DREW U please look into this asap!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Squirrel

I believe the heating system in McLendon is generally functional, but I know of at least one unit where a fan that was supposed to supply heated air was not working properly. It's probably safe to assume there are other minor problems that have resulted in individual rooms not being heated properly. I would advise you to call facilities once a day while the room is still cold to make sure they are on top of it, but calling more than that won't achieve much. It probably isn't a matter of just flipping a switch and your room will be warm, they probably have to do some tweaking to make sure each room gets the appropriate amount of warm air. As I understand, building heating is something of an art, and it may take some time to get it right.