Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Lisa R. Apple

Default Packing

I have a quick question. On the Drew packing list they recommend you bring one formal outfit. What do they mean by this? Is it really necessary? Are you supposed to bring the type of outfit you'd wear to a church/synogogue service? Or something more formal than that?

Thanks,
Lisa
Old 08-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa R. Apple
I have a quick question. On the Drew packing list they recommend you bring one formal outfit. What do they mean by this? Is it really necessary? Are you supposed to bring the type of outfit you'd wear to a church/synogogue service? Or something more formal than that?

Thanks,
Lisa

We recommend it because we often find that throughout the year, you may find yourself needing a formal outfit without much notice. There is no one specific event that we are saying you need it for, it is more of a "just in case" thing.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Matthew J. Stuart

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa R. Apple

Thanks,
Lisa

I'm going to assume that by formal outfit they mean something you would wear to an interview or something. There is a dance much later in the semester which you may want to have a dress for, but if you don't live far away you can get something like that whenever you want. For me, the formal outfit was a shirt and tie with a nice pair of dress pants. So, if you were going to a function where you would expect men to be wearing shirts and ties, what would you wear?
Hope this helps!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Dia O'Neil

yeah, it's generally a good idea just to have some nicer clothes on hand. it's not like you need to go out and buy a fancy expensive dress or whatever - just have something that you'd be comfortable wearing to an interview, a meeting, etc. ALSO, if you happen to go out on a date to an expensive thai restraunt, it's so much nicer to have something on hand than to have to borrow clothing from five different people because all you wear are boyshorts and tank tops

not that that's ever happened to me or anything. heh.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Of course, if you'd rather not go to the dances, not having clothing for them can be a convenient excuse. That's what I do, and it works rather well. Well, that and not having anyone to go with at the time.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:07 PM

Default You'll definitely need it

If you get selected to dine at the Captain's table.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
David C. Flores

what captain's table are you referring to?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:02 PM

You know, the Captain?

Otherwise, you might as well grab a bite on the Lido Deck.

the Enterprise Technology Center
Old 08-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Keith P. Kovatch

what do we wear on that orientation-cruise-dance-thinga-ma-bob
Old 08-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. Kovatch
what do we wear on that orientation-cruise-dance-thinga-ma-bob

We say no jeans, but it is pretty much up to you after that. Some people get more dressed up than others (the girls tend to dress up more than the guys). Most people tend to be somewhere in the middle of no jeans and semi-formal. Id say the typical outfit for guys was nice pants and a dress shirt or a nice shirt you would wear to a club, and for girls a skirt and nice top (though there were a number of girls exercising the "little black dress" option last year).