Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Raquel V. Cedeno

Question Professors

Hello everyone! I had a question for all those people who are not incoming freshman: How are the professors at Drew? I know they are all different but would you say most are nice and helpful or are most of them strict and simply get down to business. Do they care if you are struggling with something? Please share any of your experiences with your favs or least favs. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I am in for haha thanks!
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

As this is a freely accessible forum, they're awesome.

ALL OF THEM.

*fake grin*
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Raquel V. Cedeno

great...lol
Old 08-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Laura A. Billet

its hard to say. I think its really a mixed bag. Most of em are really cool people, but when it comes down to it, they want to make sure you understand the material. Sometimes they come off a little harder than others, but their purpose is to direct, instruct, and help you. Use their resources and office hours. It's what they're there for. Any professor in particular you're looking at?
Old 08-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Yaroslava Goncharova

well, how are these professors: Cassano, Peek, Fralix, and Apelian?
Old 08-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Raquel V. Cedeno

Jennings, Webb, King? haha
Old 08-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Laura A. Billet

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaroslava Goncharova
well, how are these professors: Cassano, Peek, Fralix, and Apelian?

Never had Cassano or Fralix

Peek is a character! I bet you're taking him for folklore. He's pretty easy going, but his lectures are unstructured. Try and keep an open mind with him. Or you can BS your way through a class of his.

Apelian is a really cool guy. Stats I take it? I am NOT a stats person, but I needed it for my major (yay Behavioral Science!) And I would say that he's probably the best stats professor in the department. He's really easy going and wants to help the students make it through the class.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Laura A. Billet

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel V. Cedeno
Jennings, Webb, King? haha

Jennings is the only one who I've had from that group. I just had him last semester. He's really cool. He keeps the lectures really interesting, but he looks for students to kind of move it along too. *WARNING* he doesn't remind you when stuff is due. He believes that its the student's job to keep on top of things. It's his job to make sure that he's getting the material across. I hope I can get another class with him.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Emily Smykla

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com

Learn it, bookmark it, visit it frequently. It's generally pretty accurate and it helps a LOT if you are registering for classes and need to decide between two classes. Professors are really important to how much you like a class.

And also, it's been my general experience that the profs are Drew are very eager to get to know their students and are very open and available. I very frequently email with my professors during the semester.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Raquel V. Cedeno

thanks a lot!