Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Charles Barber

Exclamation "Combat Street Defense"

Hey guys,
Ok so i have already started talkin to some people about starting a Tae Kwon Do club on campus but besides that i plan on making Martial Arts my life some day so to start that my first out of my school experience will be teaching at Drew I have talked to the Rec Director about starting a Self Defense class in the fall and i want to make it a success so here is my first pitch to start it. Combat street defense is a system based on combat proven skills used to defend yourself. It has a wide variety of techniques that will not only give you the proper skills to defend yourself but in the process condition your body to be prepared for an attack. Feed back would be great i just wanted to throw the idea out there that a CSD (Combat Street Defense) Course will be starting in the fall for all stutends and Class of 2010 attendance would be great too cuz i will be new there my self, but all will be invited look for info around campus once classes start.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:44 AM
John E. Cox

Default R.a.d

If its self-defense you are interested in be sure and check out a program given by Public Safety called R.A.D. (rape aggression defense) It teaches you how to defend yourself and fight off an attacker. As well as pointing out ways to prevent yourself from becoming a victim. If interested be sure to contact Public Safety at ext 3379
Old 08-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by John E. Cox
If its self-defense you are interested in be sure and check out a program given by Public Safety called R.A.D. (rape aggression defense) It teaches you how to defend yourself and fight off an attacker. As well as pointing out ways to prevent yourself from becoming a victim. If interested be sure to contact Public Safety at ext 3379

or just contact me and i will let you know when woco is putting something like this together. should be within the first month of school we've worked with public safety before, and it's always been a good time.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Squirrel

Thumbs up

Is CSD the actual name for it or are you going to be concentrating on a single defense style or alot of them? Just currious because I was getting ready to test for my certification in Krav-Maga and if there were a way to continue training in a group that would be cool. Great job by the way, really cool!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Ranger Cub

3rd Brown in Shotokan, any other martial artists here?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Squirrel

Cool

Well, actually, I have heard that there are alot of martial artists in our class, that is really cool. My main art right now though is Kung-Fu, praying mantis, Krav-Maga was just a side thing at the school I attended.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Charles R. Barber

CSD is the name and it does have some different styles combined the name is just based on the theory of the classes as in a form of martial arts that is combat proven and combat ready for any situation i am a 3rd degree black belt (3rd dan) in Tae Kwon Do our school once reaching black belt cross trains in many different styles and that is where the CSD came from i am working with my instructor to set this up on campus because he teaches this set of seminars at our school but he is helping me start the classes at Drew
Old 08-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Paula A. Iwaniuk

Sounds awesome. I always wanted to take a self defense class and kick some butt lol. I'm an Alias fan so I think that speaks for itself lol. But if this program does become a reality then I will try my best to fit it into my schedule.