Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Jackie DiLorenzo

Default Are you a guy? Do you want $10?

A few weeks ago I sent out a campus-wide email asking for participants for my study. I got a great number of responses (thank you to everyone who filled it out!) but the ratio of females to males was extremely high. I'm looking for more male participants. Everyone is welcome to take this survey if they haven't already, but I really need guys!

It's an anonymous survey about attitudes toward various sexual orientations. It's located here:

At the end, if you're interested, you can enter your email address (not associated with your responses) if you want to be in the raffle to win one of three $10 gift cards to amazon.com. It should only take you about 10-20 minutes.

Some people have been having trouble accessing the survey or getting past the first page and I'm not really sure why. If it doesn't work, I'd suggest trying again later. However, the survey will be closed on Wednesday, April 22 at around 2pm.

Thanks for reading!

I'm including the original email in case you want to read more or I left anything out:

To Drew students, staff, and faculty:

My name is Jackie DiLorenzo. Iím a junior psychology student conducting an online study on attitudes about different sexual orientations and I am looking for volunteers to participate. As an incentive to participate, three $10 gift cards to Amazon.com will be raffled off at the conclusion of the study this semester. The following link will direct you to a website where the surveys are located: http://courses.drew.edu/psyc-114-001/jdiloren/. Your help is greatly needed because this is completely volunteer-based.

This survey is anonymous. Once you click on the link above, you will be asked to agree to participate in my study. Then you will be presented with a survey about your attitudes toward homosexuality, heterosexuality, and bisexuality. You will then be presented with a demographics questionnaire. The entire study should take you about 15-20 minutes. When you submit your answers, you will be directed to a debriefing page. At this point, if you are interested in participating in the raffle and/or receiving the results of my study, you may volunteer your email address. It will not be associated with your results as they will have already been submitted, and in addition, the email addresses will only be seen by my research advisor, Professor Timmons. I greatly appreciate your help! My study is entirely based on volunteer participants, so I need as many people as I can get.

Again, this survey (http://courses.drew.edu/psyc-114-001/jdiloren/) should only take approximately 15-20 minutes of your time and you will have the opportunity to be entered in a raffle to win an Amazon gift card. I am not only looking for students; I am also interested in the input of faculty, administrators and staff.

Thank you very much for your time and help,
Jackie DiLorenzo

[This study has been approved by the Drew Institutional Review Board (IRB) http://www.drew.edu/irb/]

Last edited by Jackie DiLorenzo : 04-16-2009 at 11:07 AM.