Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Squirrel

Default The Campus Post Office

Or mail room, or whatever the official title is here. I am usually very understanding, but the service in our post office is driving me crazy. If a package is delivered on Monday at 8:00am for example, I should not have to wait to get it on Wednesday or later. Yet, when I pick up my package on Wednesday, there will be another one waiting that was delivered Wednesday at 11. Where is the logic here? What is going on?

Furthermore, pay day is on Thursday. This may have more to do with payroll than the post office, but I ought to get my check Thursday, not Friday or Saturday.

Bottomline: If it takes a package 2 days to get from California to Madison, NJ it should not take said package a week to get from Pepin to the UC.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Squirrel

I understand your pain! I also know that they've changed staff a number of times in the last two months alone! At the end it goes to communication and the seemingly lack of it between departments. Also mailing is occasionally understaffed (as the best of the departments are). In some way you need to allow two extra days on any delivery
Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Junior Drewid

I've also had the issue several times now where my mail, even the official stuff like pay checks from drew is put into other peoples mail boxes. Its not cool when my check marked 369 is some how in 381? Hows that work other than laziness or lack of any sense of a work ethic. I miss the other guys, I know they pissed off drew and I know why they were fired but still they did a much better job.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Young Squirrel

Yeah, I get really frustrated with package deliveries also. Once my packages are delivered to campus it often takes 3-9 days for a slip to show up in my box; which seems crazy considering the package only took 2 days to get here from god knows where.

I understand that it takes some time to sort through stuff with the system Drew uses for mail, but when it starts taking 3 or more days to get mail from Pepin to the UC it starts to be unacceptable.

Yeah, as an aside i really miss the guy with tattoos and the guy with dreads who used to work in the mail room. They were so friendly and they worked hard to get us our mail on time. When they worked here drew checks showed up on Thursdays.
Rabble rabble rabble....
Old 02-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Young Squirrel

I totally understand where you guys are all coming from. My mom ordered me a new phone and paid around $20 to overnight it. I checked my mailbox 3 times in one day and asked the guy about it, but it wasn't there. I came at the very end of the day in hopes it would be in my box, but it wasn't. The guy screamed at me and made me go in the back of the mail room and look myself. I just think its ridiculous to waste that kind of money if I'm not going to get the package the next day, anyway.

Does anyone know who we could bring these complaints to formally?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Squirrel

I've been wondering that and honestly I have no clue. I just figured I'd start with a post here and see how many other people agree and hope we might collectively figure something out.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Ranger Cub

I'm scared to death whenever I need to ship anything expensive to school. $1200 worth of photo equipment sitting in the mailroom for 3 days because they don't sort it or give me a card doesn't make me happy, especially with the way I've seen them treat packages.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Squirrel

Hey everyone. I am from the SGA and I have also had some ridiculous experiences with the Drew Mail system. If you want I can talk to someone in the Administration for you all and find out what exactly is going on. Are you all ok with me taking down your names and putting you on an email list so I can update you when I find out what is wrong with the god awful post office?
-Jon
Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Junior Drewid

go ahead they don't really listen to the sga but your welcome to attempt it. It'd work far better for a large group to just show up in the pepin mail center and ask for their boss
Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Ranger Cub

Yeah, you can try because frankly, I'm very very tired of not getting my paycheck on time because they just don't feel like giving them or are putting them in the wrong box. It's Friday morning and we're supposed to have our paychecks on Thursday by five. Did I have my paycheck then? No, of course not. Do I have my paycheck now? No. I know people don't think students need money for really anything in particular, but believe it or not, some of us have bills and I would appreciate having my money on time.