Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Young Squirrel

Default Final Grades?

When is the final grades deadline? Im still waiting for some of my grades, its been three weeks come on.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Ranger Cub

Don't hold your breath - I didn't get one of my grades until mid JULY last summer.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Devin C. Clark

I too have had weeks and even months go by before grades are posted. I often wonder who is responsible for the delay: professor finalizing grades, teacher submitting grades, grades making it to registrar, registrar posting them... who knows.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Squirrel

Default Posting grades

For the most part, faculty members can enter grades directly into Campus Web and they go immediately into the university database and are immediately visible to students. If there is a delay, most likely the instructor has not yet entered the grade.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Jonathan I. Amira

At the very worst, if the professor misses the grade submission deadline, the registrar will put a 'Z' in the grade bracket meaning that the instructor failed to turn in a grade on time. I know this, because it happened to me with my American Gov. class, first semester my freshman year. However, my professor had an excuse: He had to go on medical leave and informed all of us that he was getting an extension for submitting the grades so we had all expected it. Nevertheless, it still affects your GPA, but only temporarily.

Should it happen to you, I would contact your professor as soon as possible to see when the grades will be in. If you're not getting a response soon enough, then contact Dean Lawler, or the registrar and let someone on the higher end of the ladder know what's going on.