Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Antoinette J. Frazer

Default What's the deal?

I didn't know what to expect from my meal plan, but I have 19 meals and don't use all of them in one week so why do they just disappear? Shouldn't they have a system where they turn into points or something instead of me just losing money?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette J. Frazer
I didn't know what to expect from my meal plan, but I have 19 meals and don't use all of them in one week so why do they just disappear? Shouldn't they have a system where they turn into points or something instead of me just losing money?
All of the meal plans are identically priced, the difference being the allocation between points which can be used at the snackbar and Commons meals. The unused meals don't become points automatically, but you can choose to trade-off meals for points when you choose which meal plan you want.

Currently Drew offers a choice of 19, 14, and 10 meal plans with 0, 165, and 267 included points per semester respectively. Check out the Residence Life page here for more information.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 AM
Vincent J. Gamuzza

Hello Antoinette,

My name is Vincent Gamuzza and with regard to your question I have an answer. Each week you start off with 19 meals, as you use them they lower, so if you have breakfast and dinner in one day your down to 17 and then the next day another 2 meals which brings you to 15. If at the end of the week you do not use all your points, they will replenish and you will be at 19 again the beginning of the next week. I understand your concern and next semester you can change your meal plan to 14 or 10 if you do not eat at the commons much and you can use your points at the snack bar, brothers college coffee bar and at the vending machines around campus. I hope your not terribly upset and you can email me back if you have any questions.