FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Elder Drewid

Macs are well worth the effort.

Stop being lazy
Old 11-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Drewid

They certainly make for interesting films

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."

Last edited by Russell W. Sprague : 11-14-2005 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Junior Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Do you want to have to be able to support macintosh computers as well as windows? Though I hear that Mac makes it much easier to tell what is causing the OS not to boot, with its incredibly descriptive question mark.

Kevin,

That was a funny picture. Got one from this millennium?

From my iBook, now running contiuously for quite a while, as uptime says:

0:31 up 6 days, 1:19, 3 users, load averages: 0.70 0.82 0.78

(And let's not hijact the thread with silly OS wars, or Golly will be forced to use her cute little icon again, and needlessly add to her post count.)
Old 11-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Squirrel

Default Interested in making Films?

If you are interested in making films, may I suggest, hmmm... let's say... making a film? what are the things that prevent you from making a film right now? ok, right now you're probably in class, but you could start making a film this week!

For the sake of getting something done, make it a very short film and plan ahead for what is going to happen in it.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
Do you want to have to be able to support macintosh computers as well as windows? Though I hear that Mac makes it much easier to tell what is causing the OS not to boot, with its incredibly descriptive question mark.... Though I found a useful troubleshooting tip.

It's a bit weird that you would have such animosity towards a computer company. I drive a Toyota but I don't go out of my way to be negative about Hondas and insult the people who drive them. If you like it, use it- If not, then don't. It's that simple. It doesn't really make much sense to exert any energy towards something you don't even care about.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J. Wilson
It's a bit weird that you would have such animosity towards a computer company. I drive a Toyota but I don't go out of my way to be negative about Hondas and insult the people who drive them. If you like it, use it- If not, then don't. It's that simple. It doesn't really make much sense to exert any energy towards something you don't even care about.

I think it's more a feeling of "we'll have to know how to do everything we know how to now, but in all new ways," because the Mac OS "thinks different" as an operating system, and it doesn't do everything the same way windows does. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just more to know to be able to fix things that go wrong. Even though most of the problems that come in are virus/spyware-related, and the Mac OS has less problems with that, it's still more to know. It's like suddenly having to know how to put together both Toyota engines and Ford engines, when previously, one only had to know how to put together Toyota engines.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
I think it's more a feeling of "we'll have to know how to do everything we know how to now, but in all new ways," because the Mac OS "thinks different" as an operating system, and it doesn't do everything the same way windows does. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just more to know to be able to fix things that go wrong. Even though most of the problems that come in are virus/spyware-related, and the Mac OS has less problems with that, it's still more to know. It's like suddenly having to know how to put together both Toyota engines and Ford engines, when previously, one only had to know how to put together Toyota engines.

I wasn't suggesting that we change our policy- I was responding to the overall tone of the message and the one that followed (with "bitch.mpg").