Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Squirrel

Default A Pressing Matter

The fact is that out of the commons, the snackbar and the convenience store, the only one with... unhorrible food is the snackbar. The food at the commons looks and tastes like garbage, and the food at the convenience store is recently, (it has not had this problem for very long) old and spoiled. Despite the large amount of preservatives put into it's food, you can taste and seethe decay that is in the food. The snackbar, the only bastion of decent food we have here as students at Drew, is the slowest-working facility for the preparation and vending of food that I have ever seen... save maybe for Benihana, but it is kind of part of the show there for them to take a little while. The (basically asleep) chef who works at the snackbar needs help. I sympathize with him somewhat; he works alone preparing the cooked food for like, 1,000 students... Look, I don't know how to fix the problem of the awful food everywhere here at Drew, but it must be fixed and soon. You can hire more workers for the Snackbar, more than occasionally restock the convenience store, or demolish and rebuild the commons entirely, it's i[ to the faculty.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Squirrel

Come to the next SGA meeting this Sunday. This month were are devoting our meetings to dining and want people to voice their concerns. Hope to see you there.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Austin T. Jefferson

Just stay away from the 'home section' (whatever its called, the hot foods) and pizza, simple
Everyone who whines about the commons must be super picky eaters or just plain lazy
What are you guys going to do post Drew? Order out all the time? Ramen, PBJs, and frozen dinners every night?

Last edited by Austin T. Jefferson : 11-11-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Ranger Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin T. Jefferson
Just stay away from the 'home section' (whatever its called, the hot foods) and pizza, simple
Everyone who whines about the commons must be super picky eaters or just plain lazy
What are you guys going to do post Drew? Order out all the time? Ramen, PBJs, and frozen dinners every night?

Bit harsh, don't you think?

I legitimately have an "iron stomach", and sometimes I can't bring myself to eat what's in the commons. It's not just picky eaters or lazy people...

Also, by eliminating the "Home Section" and pizza, you've basically told everyone not to eat anything but salad, sandwiches and the slow as hell (but decent) grill food.