Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Jennifer M. Krynicky

Default Acceptions for Cars

Hey. I was wondering if there is any acceptions to the freshman/sophomore no cars on campus rule. What about medical reasons. I have a shoulder injury and might be going back to physcial therapy to avoid surgury. It is going to be horrible to have to figure out a way to get there, if I can even find a place around Drew, without having a car. Later.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:58 AM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer M. Krynicky
Hey. I was wondering if there is any acceptions to the freshman/sophomore no cars on campus rule. What about medical reasons. I have a shoulder injury and might be going back to physcial therapy to avoid surgury. It is going to be horrible to have to figure out a way to get there, if I can even find a place around Drew, without having a car. Later.

It is very, VERY, rare for there to be exceptions. If they were to even grant one to you, it would most likely be on a temporary basis. But I suppose it doesnt hurt to try.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Drewid

Quote:
the only exceptions I know of right now is that if you take classes at St. Elizabeths', which is nearby, you can get a permit to drive there and keep a car on campus. But if you make your case to the dean, you might be able to get it in order to get physical therapy.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-30-2005, 03:02 AM
Zachary C. Kanfer

One of my friends had her car at school her sophomore year because she drove people to equestrian practice.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
One of my friends had her car at school her sophomore year because she drove people to equestrian practice.
I think Dan had a car on campus all 4 years b/c of the St.E's thing

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 07-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer

The team gets 2 permits, issued by semester (instead of by year as the regular permits are), but they are only for the purpose of coordinating lessons. So basically as a first year, you would only get one of those permits if you were the only one in your lesson with a car and without a permit. Also, right now, we have someone at pretty much every level that can drive a lesson and will have a permit plus, and a bunch of sophomores of all different levels as well. If a first year got one of the permits this year, I would be very surprised.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Squirrel

Unhappy

Quote:

When I went to Drew on the ambassador day thingy I met this girl who has cushings and has to make regular trips to her doctors and they didn't give her a permit even after she brought her case up to the dean and stuff...so i guess you can try, but that's what happened with her.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
I think Dan had a car on campus all 4 years b/c of the St.E's thing

Yeah, I love his story about that.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Amanda L. Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia L. Rosa
When I went to Drew on the ambassador day thingy I met this girl who has cushings and has to make regular trips to her doctors and they didn't give her a permit even after she brought her case up to the dean and stuff...so i guess you can try, but that's what happened with her.

Alicia! I love her.That's all.