Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Student Organizations > WMNJ
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Ranger Cub

Default wmnj

I thought when you spent the $19K part of the money was going for an automated system that would allow you to run unattended. So that the "no shows" shouldn't have been a problem. What happened to it?
Old 08-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Ryan J. Crowley

The "automated" shows were cd-recorded radio shows from the DJs themselves. So if the DJs don't record shows, then there's nothing prerecorded, and hence nothing can be played.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Ranger Cub

Default wmnj

Maybe you guys are unaware of it, but the automation will allow you to load about 1000 songs into it, you can insert promos, id's, other announcements and it can sound like a live show...its a programming thing and the jocks don't have to record a whole show, the show can run without a DJ per se. Radio stations do it all the time.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Christopher R. Chesebro

Default Automation....

The automation software that we originalyy got wasn't very good, so we switched to a better program. That is was we are currently using and have been for a while now. We are off the air for the second half of the summer because no one could regularly get there to tend it. The automation software will be up and running for the jocks in the fall.

Also, just having automation is not enough. I don't want a station that is just automated. The purpose of a school station is to serve the students and I think that the best way to do that is to have as many jocks on the air as possible.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Ranger Cub

Default automation

I agree that the station needs to eventually be more than just automation and in the ideal world you would have tons of students doing shows, but that is not the case right now...and for the time being I think the automation would allow you to serve the students by being on the air regularly and consistently. They need to know that you are there whenever they tune in not hit or miss like it has been. Once you have established consistency then you can worry about staffing and how well it is serving the student community.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Stephanie A. Johnson

I'm a first year Theo student and while I was at Seton Hall I always wanted to get involved in the radio station but never had a chance to. I'd love to get involved here at Drew. My email is sajohnso@drew.edu

Steph
Old 09-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Ranger Cub

Default wmnj

Hey everybody.

Be listening to WMNJ on Fridays from 4-6 pM for the totally awesome premier of the show hosted by my extremely talented son who is in the Freshman class this year. Go Mark Tauriello!!!

Indulge a proud mom ok???
Old 10-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Ranger Cub

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Ranger Cub

Default wmnj

Could it be that the staffing problems are due to the fact that when people show up to do their show they get locked out of the station???

Could it be that the list of phone numbers to call in emergency are out of date????

Executive board better get on the ball, the freshman are furious and justifiably so.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Amanda L. Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen Tauriello
Could it be that the staffing problems are due to the fact that when people show up to do their show they get locked out of the station???

Could it be that the list of phone numbers to call in emergency are out of date????

Executive board better get on the ball, the freshman are furious and justifiably so.

It's last year all over again!!!!

I lived right upstairs so everyone came to my room to call the board when they were locked out. And it was really fun when we realized, spring semester, after being locked out of our shows for two weeks that the station had closed. It was even more fun because we found out through an article in the Acorn. And yes, I'm still mad about that. I will be mad about that forever.