Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2006, 02:30 PM
Brittany Davis

Does anyone in hear listen to any R&B, Hip-hop maybe even a little rap ?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Susana Vieira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Davis
Does anyone in hear listen to any R&B, Hip-hop maybe even a little rap ?

right here..lol...i felt like i was the only one who listens to like almost just about everything, except for some types of music. :-) anyone listen to any techno, or club music?..how about reggaeton? anyone???
Old 07-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Victor Kolarov

i listen to house and techno
Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Katharine Overgaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyler Gretz
I like a bunch of different music, but my favorite is Phish, looks like I am the only one on this forum, but i am completely obsessed with them, I also like Keller Williams, the dead, disco biscuits, john coltrane, bob marley and tons of other reggae, modest mouse, trey anastasio, benevento russo duo, lotus, the new deal, deltron 3030, and too many others to list

Your music taste is pretty awesome.

Where are you from?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Katharine Overgaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline DiLorenzo
I hate to say "indie rock," because it sounds pretentious, but... indie rock. I also like folk-y stuff.

Regina Spektor, Mirah, Rilo Kiley, Ani Difranco, Blonde Redhead, Coco Rosie, David Bowie, Gravy Train!!!!, Tori Amos, Petula Clark, Ugly Casanova, Camera Obscura, Cat Power...

I LOVE Cat Power (and Ani, and David Bowie...etc.)
Old 07-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Natalie Lannan

i love everything musical, but my favorites are-

the killers, the shins, muse, spoon, the decemberists, fiona apple, bob marley, radiohead, gorillaz, inxs, tears for fears, coldplay, u2, neil young, the yeah yeah yeah's, electric light orchestra, sonic youth, REM, lynard skynard, snow patrol, modest mouse, interpol, the verve, oasis, the flaming lips, bob dylan, weezer, belle and sebastian, journey, beck, david bowie, johnny cash, the rolling stones, the smashing pumpkins, the beatles, gnarls barkley, inxs (the original group), led zepplin, the who, nirvana, death cab for cutie, the postal service, coldplay, iron and wine, fugazi, patsy cline, queen, ben folds, pearl jam, the doors, the b-52's, pink floyd...

and almost any 80's dance music . gotta have the 80's dance music.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Katharine Overgaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Lannan
i love everything musical, but my favorites are-

the killers, the shins, muse, spoon, the decemberists, fiona apple, bob marley, radiohead, gorillaz, inxs, tears for fears, coldplay, u2, neil young, the yeah yeah yeah's, electric light orchestra, sonic youth, REM, lynard skynard, snow patrol, modest mouse, interpol, the verve, oasis, the flaming lips, bob dylan, weezer, belle and sebastian, journey, beck, david bowie, johnny cash, the rolling stones, the smashing pumpkins, the beatles, gnarls barkley, inxs (the original group), led zepplin, the who, nirvana, death cab for cutie, the postal service, coldplay, iron and wine, fugazi, patsy cline, queen, ben folds, pearl jam, the doors, the b-52's, pink floyd...

and almost any 80's dance music . gotta have the 80's dance music.

I totally ran into Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth) at a concert, like, 3 years ago, and didn't realize who she was. I regret not talking to her more, now.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Natalie Lannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine Overgaard
I totally ran into Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth) at a concert, like, 3 years ago, and didn't realize who she was. I regret not talking to her more, now.

no way! was she performing or watching?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Katharine Overgaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Lannan
no way! was she performing or watching?

Watching! That's what made it so crazy... I think she lives in the town where the concert was (Northampton, MA), which is local to me (35 minutes away)... but it was pretty cool.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Marnie Valdivia

basically i have a serious, possible unhealthy, obsession with Dave Matthews Band i listen to them day and night.. but when i'm not listening to DMB i have this strange taste in alternative rock, jam bands, and rock/punk/ska. death cab, the strokes, streetlight manifesto, arctic monkeys, von blondies, STATUS GREEN, the west front, guns n roses, interpol, flickerstick, 30 seconds to mars, hawthorne heights, allister, snow patrol, dispatch, the shins, phish, karmic juggernaut, RHCP, rufio, the beatles, 311, fresh squeezed

i'm really not into pop or rap/r&b stuff

i just have a thing for good musicians who can play good music