Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2008, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Palmieri
Does anyone know why Barracuda repeatedly bounces folks out of a session, stating Invalid Username or Password. The usernames and passwords are correct - leaving them filled in as they are and just clicking on the Login button will successfully log one back into the session, but as soon as the person tries to execute an action, they're bounced out to the same error screen again. This may happen repeatedly and then spontaneously stop, may not happen at all through several successful actions, or may occur so persistently that the user gives up.

Anyone know why or how to make it go away?
Through some reconfiguration of our web load-balancer, this issue may now be solved. Let us know if this is still an issue.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. Muccigrosso
OK, so since I deleted the quarantine message, how do I get back there?
If you go directly to https://spam.drew.edu/cgi-bin/ you should see a Barracuda login form instead of a Drew uLogin form and iChain won't try to log you in automatically if you are already logged in to another iChain site.

From there, you can enter the fully-quallifed jmuccigr.EmpPO1.DrewDOM address and your existing uLogin password. Barracuda just passes those to GW for validation, and GW is smart enough to know that address is the same and it should let you in with your uLogin password.

Last edited by E. Axel Larsson : 03-30-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Axel Larsson
Through some reconfiguration of our web load-balancer, this issue may now be solved. Let us know if this is still an issue.
It already seems much more stable than it was. I'll keep a careful eye out for the behavior over the next couple of days. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Jennifer A. Fox

Default Drew emergency alert spam blocked

The email sent as part of Drew's emergency response test yesterday landed in my spam pile with a spam score of 1.14. This is quite a bit higher than emails that slipped through, like the much appreciated offer I received to credit my ATM card with $1.8 million (spam score =0.00) or the less attractive offers in Russian for business center workshops (spam score=0.60) and a fresh personal envoy (spam score = 0.38).

I don't have the messages in my trash anymore so don't know what the spam score was, but automated emails from the library generated by online interlibrary loan requests were also flagged as spam.

I do have my filter set at the very low threshold of 1, and realize these Drew messages aren't really coming from within the system. But thought I'd let the powers-that-be know that the emergency notifications, at least, may be less effective than they might be, in case there's anything you can do to fix it (other than making me set my spam threshold higher).
Old 04-25-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer A. Fox
The email sent as part of Drew's emergency response test yesterday landed in my spam pile with a spam score of 1.14. This is quite a bit higher than emails that slipped through, like the much appreciated offer I received to credit my ATM card with $1.8 million (spam score =0.00) or the less attractive offers in Russian for business center workshops (spam score=0.60) and a fresh personal envoy (spam score = 0.38).

I don't have the messages in my trash anymore so don't know what the spam score was, but automated emails from the library generated by online interlibrary loan requests were also flagged as spam.

I do have my filter set at the very low threshold of 1, and realize these Drew messages aren't really coming from within the system. But thought I'd let the powers-that-be know that the emergency notifications, at least, may be less effective than they might be, in case there's anything you can do to fix it (other than making me set my spam threshold higher).
Thanks for letting us know.

We can add the servers for those outside services to the spam filter's global whitelist. The NTI Connect-ED system for emergency notification should have already been on there, so there is a possibility that the company is now sending those messages from a different set of servers and didn't tell us (perhaps when they were acquired by Blackboard...)

We will look into updating the whitelist addresses for Connect-ED and also see if we can find out where the Interlibrary Loan messages come from and add those as well.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Jennifer A. Fox

Default time stamp

When messages get rescued from the spam filter, they're time stamped according to when the rescue happened rather than when the message was sent. This sets up some issues with correct dates on messages, not to mention bizarre ordering of messages, for example when there are multiple recipients on a message that gets blocked, a reply from another recipient comes in, and then later the original released from spam block. Mail services like yahoo put messages taken out of spam folders back into the inbox with the original time stamp. Any chance Groupwise/Barracuds can do the same?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:14 PM

The Date: header on a message released from the Barracuda quarantine has the correct date, but GroupWise displays the received date, which is the date and time that GroupWise received the message.

You can have GroupWise show the Created date and this will correspond to the Date: header on the message. To add the Created date, right click on one of the column headings (ie From, Subject, Date, etc), left click on "more columns" and then add Created from Available columns to Selected Columns.

In most cases, the Created date will be the same or perhaps a minute earlier than the received date, but in the case where a message was released from quarantine, the Created date will show the date that the Barracuda received the message and the Date will show the date that GroupWise received the message.

If you display your Mailbox folder sorted by Created date, I think you'll see things in the order you are looking for.