Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Danielle Isetts

Default Periodic Table Reflection

the letter i got in the mail about our summer reading says that it must be recieved by Friday, August 15. i just realized that August 15 isnt a friday, so is it supposed to be Tuesday, August 15 .. or maybe Friday August 25?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

you might want to get it in whenever you can, so you don't need to worry about if you got it in on time, and you have time to do other stuff.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Kyle Horning

Yeah, I'm finishing mine and handing it in sometime today.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Sterling Reese

I'm pretty sure it's the 15th. Oddly, I remember seeing the 11th as a due date too...ah well.Sooner the better
Old 08-15-2006, 01:13 AM
Matthew Ogonowski

i actually just started the book about 6 hours ago. lol
Old 08-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Raven Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ogonowski
i actually just started the book about 6 hours ago. lol

i sent mine out last night!

the reason for the mishap would, consequencely be due to the fact that they typically use the previous year's forms to save on re-typing and re-doing them each year. this has happened a number of times, but at least this time they changed the year!
*I have personally looked into most of the forms and have noticed 2005, 2004, 2002 and so on and so forth on these forms....not to fret. the 15th was the real due date, but no one took the time to look into the actual DAY the 15th was.

hope everyone did theirs and sent them in, if not: good luck on writing your paper!
Old 08-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Erin Carroll

Sent mine in last night too. It was so hard to write because the book was so unenjoyable. But thank god it's finally done with. Only two weeks left as of Thursday!!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Raven Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Carroll
Sent mine in last night too. It was so hard to write because the book was so unenjoyable. But thank god it's finally done with. Only two weeks left as of Thursday!!!!
"Although I found that most of The Periodic Table was quite dry, one of the short stories Premio wrote out of boredom and need for an escape, was the sole part of the entire biography that intrigued and fascinated me; the mystery and light-hearted distraction from the overall boring concept of Premio’s chemistry. Even in Premio’s own words, the short stories were, “like a prisoner’s dream of escape,” even though I probably misinterpreted his meaning when he wrote those few words, they summed up my opinion quite beautifully (78). To digress from the fact that, sadly, I disliked this book, I will go into more depth of this wonderfully written “getaway” from Premio’s chemistry, DesolationIsland."

well, to put it mildly, I HATED this book lol! so i wrote about how much I hated it....well not totally, but this was my first paragraph! haha, i dont really care...
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Mary Richmond

Premio? It's Primo, dear... lol
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Raven Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Richmond
Premio? It's Primo, dear... lol

whoops! lol! oh well...they'll get over it!
i didn't have the book with me as I am on vacation