Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Student Organizations > Pagan Society
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Laura M. Rando

Post Welcome!!!

As co-president of the Pagan Society, I would like to get the discussions on this community board started. First, I will provide a brief explanation of the religion. Then, I will explain the mission of the Pagan Society at Drew University.

Paganism is an umbrella term for earth-or-nature-based religions that recognize the Divine as both masculine and feminine, and worship the Goddess and God. These religions are at least loosely based on the traditional beliefs and practices of ancient (mostly European) cultures. Pagan holidays celebrate the cycle of the year/seasons as it occurs in nature, in many traditions understanding it as the life cycle of the Goddess and the God. The major moral guideline in Paganism is "harm none," which dictates that one must live and act responsibly with an understanding of how one's actions - including magic - effect others. Pagans generally view their religion as a lifestyle and believe religion is a choice - there is no one true religion. Many Pagans believe in some form of reincarnation, though the specifics vary and many consider them to be unknowable.

The Pagan Society at Drew University is an organization dedicated to learning about Pagan traditions, holidays, and beliefs in a supportive environment where people of a variety of belief systems can share their ideas and experiences and develop their own approach to spirituality. We discuss a variety of Pagan-related topics, bring in guest speakers, celebrate traditional holidays, and try to fully recognize and experience our connection to nature. Anyone in the Drew community (and their friends!) are welcome to join and participate in club activities. If you have any questions or suggestions or are interested in joining, please feel free to reply to this post.

Blessed Be,
Laura
Old 07-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Emily R. O'Neil

curses. i think that the greater unconscious is telling me that i must join the pagan society this year. i couldn't last year because woco owned my soul [and it will even moreso this year, except that i have a major say in when the meetings are this time hehe]. i keep listening to def fx and inkubus sukkubus, stuff i listened to in ninth grade, and after hearing "hymn to her" and "belladonna and aconite" on repeat i am starting to get nostalgic for the good old days when i baked crescent cakes, crushed my own incense, and accidentally burned holes in my living room floor because i zoned out during meditation and forgot to put salt in the ceramic bowl with my charcoal [oops].

you are officially given permission to bug the crap out of me until i show up

- Dia
Old 07-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Laura M. Rando

Talking

Yee!!!
~ Laura
Old 09-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Antonina M. York

Wink

I can feel myself being dragged to meetings already . . . "You want to come to the Pagan Society meetings . . . you want to come to the Pagan Society meetings . . ." . . . whispered dramatically in Laura's voice.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Young Squirrel

Default Coolsville.

Hey all you crazy pagans, I'm new here to Drew and am very interested in getting more info on your club. I've been practicing shamanism for the past 5 years now, and would love to hang and talk about mother earth and the great beyond. Send me an email or just wait until Friday, I'm sure you'll see me around the Fair.
peace
IM
Old 05-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Squirrel

Thumbs up hey my name's Kate

I'm going to be a freshman in the fall and one of the reasons I decided on Drew is that it has a Pagan club. (like if I had chosen to go to Marist I would have been bogged down by catholic propoganda, haha) so I'm excited to meet everyone in September!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Alexander M. Rezk

Hello everyone, I will be a freshman at Drew come the fall and I just discovered that this society existed, which has made me even more excited . I have been a practicing Druid and Wiccan for quite some number of years now and more recently have been dabbling in Asatru as well. I look forward to getting involved with this group!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Junior Drewid

Heya, I've been a druid (And a part of the ADF for a year) for little over 3 years. Though due to where I've lived its been impossible to truely meet up with anyone else. I'd love to join up, im or email