Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Squirrel

At least that same thing is edible for two months, when I was an undergrad (another school of course) we were lucky if anything was edible for two days straight. There was selection at my school, but none of it was really edible. The lunch meat was always tough or salty, the bread was stale, the cereal was stale, the milk was condensed, the salads looked like they were out for a while, the pasta was always over cooked, etc. By my Junior year I stopped eating and paying for board and started finding other ways to eat. Hell I wouldn't mind eating the same thing two months here compared to two days there.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Matthew J. Stuart

Question Now with FIBER!

Any truth to a rumor that I have heard that the commons adds extra fiber to some of the food? I do know that going from eating Mom's home cooking to eating commons food is quite a shock to the system, and I am not alone in noticing this. That being said, I don't have many complaints about the commons. For what it is, it's decent.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew J. Stuart
Any truth to a rumor that I have heard that the commons adds extra fiber to some of the food? I do know that going from eating Mom's home cooking to eating commons food is quite a shock to the system, and I am not alone in noticing this. That being said, I don't have many complaints about the commons. For what it is, it's decent.

I would highly doubt that. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to add fiber to everything they make? Plus, unlike the urban legend about adding laxatives, adding fiber wouldnt achieve the supposed goal (passing the contaminated food through the system before it can get you sick) as it doesnt work fast enough.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

remember that time when several people got sick from eating at the commons and health services told us that it was from not chewing properly? that was hilarious.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Matthew J. Stuart

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
remember that time when several people got sick from eating at the commons and health services told us that it was from not chewing properly? that was hilarious.

Haha, yeah, that was priceless. That must have been tough for those kids to stomach. (zing!)
Old 08-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Matthew J. Stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary A. Hochman
I would highly doubt that. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to add fiber to everything they make? Plus, unlike the urban legend about adding laxatives, adding fiber wouldnt achieve the supposed goal (passing the contaminated food through the system before it can get you sick) as it doesnt work fast enough.

Well then, it must be something. Perhaps just different eating habits at school, though I do eat my vegetables and all that jazz. Go figure.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Matt, that was bad. so bad. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason S. Slipoy
By my Junior year I stopped eating...

rereading this topic, that was pretty funny.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Matthew J. Stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
Matt, that was bad. so bad. I love it.

You just gotta love the corny puns. Come on, nobody here can say they don't laugh, just because it's so bad that it's actually funny.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

So a bear walks into a restaurant, and says "I'd like a burger, some fries...

And a coke."

The cook says, "fine, but why the big paws?"
Old 08-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Elder Drewid

hehehehehe hmm