Director of Youth Education, Redeemer Morristown, Episcopal
Director of Youth Education, Church of the Redeemer, Morristown, NJ
12 hours per week
Church Website: http://www.redeemermorristown.org/
TO APPLY: send email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: The Rector
Responsibilities: Direction and administration of the Youth Education
The Church of the Redeemer (established in 1852) is an inclusive Episcopal parish that greatly values its diversity of membership and is committed to serving and supporting young people and their parents. Justice issues and ministry to those in need are at the heart of what Redeemer is about. Liberation, intellectual freedom, and diversity are core values of Redeemer. These values shape our worship and form the foundation of our education programs, especially youth education.
The number of children attending Sunday School averages 4-6 a week (ages 5-13). We are looking for a youth educator who shares our core values and has the ability to motivate and excite children.
1. Teach one Sunday School class, oversee additional classes, supervise assistants.
2. Plan curriculum and activities for all youth education programs (Sunday School and Youth Group) at Redeemer.
3. Recruit assistants with the help of the rector, vestry, and a youth education committee.
4. Train and supervise all volunteers assisting in the Sunday School program.
5. Participate directly in all Sunday School programs.
6. Communicate program and curriculum to children, teachers, parents, and the parish informally and in writing (through our quarterly newsletter, the Sunday service guide, and the weekly e-newsletter).
7. Keep appropriate records: attendance, database information, etc.
8. Create and account for yearly youth education budget.
9. Plan and supervise the Christmas pageant in church in December and other youth presentations as may be appropriate.
10. Help plan, organize, and assist with youth group program in consultation with youth group leaders.
11. Oversee the nursery (staffed by a paid babysitter).
12. Meet with rector and youth education committee on a mutually agreed upon schedule.
Salary and Terms of Employment:
1. There are approximately 26 Sundays (Sept-May) in the 2012-2013 Sunday School year.
2. Salary is $6,000 (it is estimated that the job will take an average of 12 hours per week).
3. Two paid Sundays per Sunday School year may be used for sick time or away time. Coverage is to be found and lesson plans are to be in place.
4. There are no benefits attached to this position.
5. Preparations activities, on or off site, may be done at the convenience of the person holding this position.
6. Regular meetings, no less than one a month, will be scheduled with the rector.
7. Meetings will be held on an as needed basis with parents and volunteer assistants.
8. Shared office space is available.
1. The youth educator works closely with the rector, vestry, and staff in carrying out this job description.
2. The rector offers assistance and guidance in the implementation of these programs.
3. Christianity, though the common heritage of the majority of people at Redeemer, is to be seen as one of the many traditions in which God is known.
4. Of equal importance to seeing the action of God in the past is that of seeing God within the present events.
5. Adults will assist when asked.
6. It is hoped that we can increase the visibility of the Sunday School and Youth Group programs both in church, in print, and through special activities.
7. This parish is supportive of creative ideas and sees religious education in the broadest terms.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|