Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Young Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine A. Overgaard
My iPod touch (with the 3.0 update) is not configuring this properly. An telling me that SSL was unavailable, and asking if I would like to continue configuring without it. I tried to configure without it several times, but the session times out without making any progress.

Suggestions?

Same problem for me.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Squirrel

Default ditto

This didn't work me for either, just as Catherine said. (on iPhone 3GS)
Old 02-24-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lenz
Can those of you experiencing the problem please try importing the Drew certificate into your phone.

To do so, in Safari on the phone, navigate to http://depts.drew.edu/cns/remote/CA. On that page on the phone's browser click on the Drew eDirectory certificate link. You will be prompted by the phone to import the Drew certificate as a "profile".

I am curious if users who set up initially under an older version of iPhone OS and upgraded are not seeing the problem because the new versions have difficulty adding an unrecognized certificate. Even in deleting and trying to recreate the Mail account on my new phone I am unable to duplicate the issue, but that may be because the initial set up already imported the certificate.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Young Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lenz

Same problem for me.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Young Squirrel

Default Drew GW IMAP Account mysteriously stopped working

Hi There,

I have been using my iPhone with GW IMAP seamlessly for the past year. to configure it originally, I used the very helpful instructions in this thread.

Last Friday, my Account abruptly stopped working. It would neither send nor receive messages. Other accounts, hooked up to POP services continued to function properly.

I tried re-entering my password and the server information, with no success. Tonight, I deleted the account from my phone, then entered all of the server information from scratch. I went back after the "verifying IMAP account information" process timed out, and entered the appropriate ports and SSL information.

I have downloaded the correct security Certificate and installed it to the phone.

The email client on the phone is not providing meaningful troubleshooting feedback. It basically sits on the "Checking for Mail" loop, while no mail is actually downloaded to the client.

Any thoughts? Did some setting (like a port) change last Friday?

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon B. Sundue
Hi There,

I have been using my iPhone with GW IMAP seamlessly for the past year. to configure it originally, I used the very helpful instructions in this thread.

Last Friday, my Account abruptly stopped working. It would neither send nor receive messages. Other accounts, hooked up to POP services continued to function properly.

I tried re-entering my password and the server information, with no success. Tonight, I deleted the account from my phone, then entered all of the server information from scratch. I went back after the "verifying IMAP account information" process timed out, and entered the appropriate ports and SSL information.

I have downloaded the correct security Certificate and installed it to the phone.

The email client on the phone is not providing meaningful troubleshooting feedback. It basically sits on the "Checking for Mail" loop, while no mail is actually downloaded to the client.

Any thoughts? Did some setting (like a port) change last Friday?

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sharon,

How big is your Inbox folder (number of messages in the folder itself, rather than the actual size of the messages)?

I just worked with someone on the phone about this, and the issue we ran into, after plowing through the SSL errors was that we weren't waiting long enough. After a minute or so at Checking for New Mail, thinking the process had failed, the Inbox displayed correctly.

If you deleted and re-added the account, it will need to do the initial download of your Inbox contents again. If the mailbox is huge, it could simply be taking a while. Otherwise, perhaps your mailbox has just crossed a critical size threshold that we haven't been aware of previously.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Young Squirrel

Default Ios 4?

This is an incredible tutorial. Thanks so much for this. I have a 3GS running the latest operating system and after following the steps, I'm still unable to add GroupWise to my mail, it says "verifying" for about 3 minutes after I type in the information and then finally determines that "SSL cannot be located." Is there a way I can fix this problem?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor J. Ambrose
This is an incredible tutorial. Thanks so much for this. I have a 3GS running the latest operating system and after following the steps, I'm still unable to add GroupWise to my mail, it says "verifying" for about 3 minutes after I type in the information and then finally determines that "SSL cannot be located." Is there a way I can fix this problem?
Just ignore the SSL error. The account should still be added. You can then go to the Inbox and it may take a few minutes, but the contents will eventually download.

BTW, we are currently testing Novell's new ActiveSync support on a few iPhone and Android devices. This provides real push email, contacts, and calendar and it seems to work rather well. It's also quite a bit easier to set up. We'll be announcing an open trial for the community soon (within the next couple of weeks, I think).
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Squirrel

Hey, I've just spent a few hours trying to work out getting email on my new ipod touch and I would readily volunteer to test any new software to access my Drew email. Where do I sign up?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Young Squirrel

Default Two different set-ups?

Having just purchased an iPhone yesterday, I found another set of instructions for configuring email on this phone

https://uknow.drew.edu/confluence/di...obility+Server

Now I am wondering which of these set-ups is preferable, or more user friendly, or robust, or???

Thanks for helping us all out - I am sure that many iPhones were acquired by Drew faculty and staff over the holidays, so hopefully this will address these ongoing issues!