Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Matthew J. Dembowski

Default It can't hurt to ask.....can it?

I'll probably get a load of jokes and other strange comments for this one but I figure this is the easiest way to find the people I'm looking for.

I'm looking for anyone who plays Dungeons and Dragons, or those who might be interested in playing. Before you make any fun of me just think about it. It doesn't hurt to try something different and from my experience, most people who try it enjoy it (for those who don't, its their loss. But at least they gave it a try).
If you don't know anything about D&D I'd be more than happy to try and explain it. (If you've seen/liked/understood the Lord of the Rings movies it will make my job easier)

I'm also looking for people who play warhammer 40,000. I would imagine that most people have never even heard of this game, if thats you don't even ask. I've tried to explain this one and the best I've come up with is that its like chess...only much more complicated. If you know what I'm talking about and are looking for someone who plays let me know.

I know you people are out there so show yourselves. I really hope I can find someone who enjoys these games.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Elder Drewid

My brother plays warhammer....
Old 08-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Andrew L. Schaffer

ALL GLORY TO THE EMPEROR!

Seriously though, I stopped playing warhammer 40k years ago. Imperial guard with their ridiculously huge armies and all pewter pieces made me not want to spend another 200 getting my army up to snuff... plus I was bad at it.

I do however play D&D and d20 modern and I was hoping to find people to play with at college.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Kelley A. Blessing

Honestly, I've never really played D&D...however I've heard good things about it..I'd def. be willing to check it out!
~Kel
Old 08-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Jennifer A. Richter

I play... sort of. I like to play D&D, but i've only recently gotten into it. a couple of my guy friends have made up characters for me and we've just played for a while. I've got dice, I'm interested in doing it. I'm just a raw beginner
Old 08-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Jenna L. Scandone

i play D&D hardcore. and i know a bunch of people at drew who play, i tried to set up a group already, but i think i tried to early. but im into it hardcore, drop me an email, cuz i wanna know what edition you play and what house rules you have
Old 08-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

There's people that play at Drew. I'm sure there would be some at the Anime Club. Or, they could point you in the right direction.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Dia O'Neil

why would we make fun of you? don't be so tentative - if you enjoy it, then more power to you

i generally prefer white wolf systems to d&d but that could be because i have had shitty dungeon masters. haha. i might be interested, keep me updated.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Henry W. Coates

When you get to school, track down a guy named Scott MacGregor (I think that's how you spell his last name). he's a nice guy who was trying to set up a game last year---I was always too damn busy to play, but I'm confident that he'd be willing to try again.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Benjamin R. Shedlock

I think it'd be fun to try D&D-- I'm in. Definitely take down all the interested peoples' names and send us an email in a week or two with a more firm time. I'd love to give it a shot.

Okay Pandora, You're box is open. Anyone into chess? I used to be a very serious player (now I'm just a serious playa ) and did all sorts of Nationally sanctioned tournaments. I haven't touched a set in about a year and a half-- maybe even two. I got too into cycling. But I'm bringing my set and clocks along, so if anyone's interested, we can give it a go.

Definitely though, keep the D&D momentum going.
Cheers!
Benjamin