Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Matthew Ogonowski

Arrow Tunes and whatnot

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite type of music is and their favorite artist. I'm a musician and was just wondering.

My favortie type of music is pretty much anything rock or punk and I'm really big into Led Zeppelin and a band from Jersey called Houston Calls.

Let me know, I'd love to here from everyone.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Alona Gutman

I like most classic rock bands, mostly the Beatles, and some modern stuff, but I mostly listen to musicals- recently French musicals, some other foreign ones, current Broadway productions and such. Otherwise, I'm not especially against anything, I typically like specific songs more than artists. I have some Led Zeppelin, some Dar Williams (folk singer), Alanis Morissette, Queen, Pink Floyd, Oasis, some pretty random stuff...I really don't know much about current music, because when I hear it, it's always on the radio- even if I like it, I never know who the band is. I do have a lot of Israeli music also, and fun foreign stuff, like Tarkan and Ozone.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Ranger Cub

That's cool Matt, what do you play? I've still got to figure out which guitar to bring to campus

I'm into a lot of ska and punk stuff, but also some folk and gypsy stuff (think Gogol Bordello or World/Inferno Friendship Society).

I also play guitar in a ska/punk band called Legitimate Business. I'm not sure yet, but I think we're being booked for a show in the fall semester on campus.. anyways you can check us out here: http://www.myspace.com/legitimatebusiness. We've got a bunch of shows already booked throughout the summer, so if you're in the area you should definitely come to one and say hi
Old 05-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Raven Brockriede

Red face i listen to

almost anything...i play piano and violin, and TRYING to learn guitar...

so, anything that sounds good, and isn't a buch of crap, i can listen to.
i typically like mellow music like the beatles, James Blunt, Bright Eyes, Coldplay, Hootie and the Blow Fish, Jack Johnson....and then there's 80s metal....lol *TWISTED SISTER BABY* and there's hardcore like SLAYER....MEGADETH, ROB ZOMBIE...hmmmm i love music to clarify i suppose...

and then, i play classical, so i love classics, musicals, 50s music, and jazz....CLASSICAL MUSIC IS THE SHIT!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Ranger Cub

I live for music! I play flute and I am a beginning oboe player but alas have no oboe. In regards to music I like to listen to, the list is long and varied. I have favorite songs in almost every genre. Most of my music collection is in French. THe French I have is contemporary as well as the classic Paris type of music from like the 40's and 50's. So yeah, French musicals, French rap, French techno...etc. all have a special place in my heart. And then the other bulk of my music collection is broadway music: Les Miserables, Wicked, Avenue Q, Jekyll and Hyde, West Side Story, Chess, etc. The list is long. I have some comtemporary top 40 artists as well. DMB, Coldplay, Belle and Sebastian (well, they're not top 40, but meh.) Matchbox 20. So yeah. That's me in music!

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. ~ Douglas Adams

If someone wants a sheep, then that means that he exists. ~ Antoine de St. Exupery
Old 05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Steven Fagan

I love so much different diverse, RANDOM music. Ok so let the list begin, Jack Johnson, Jack's Mannequin, James Blunt, Ben Folds, Jason Mraz, The Who, Rolling Stones, QUEEN!, and the Red Hot chili Peppers are different musicians I LOVE!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Ranger Cub

I love music as well. I play the french horn and the flute. I sing in all the choir groups and have performed in all the musicals. I really love broadway musicals. I also really love Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, Barry Manalo, and of course Disney music haha.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Squirrel

I listen to anything but I like contemporary the most. I can't sing but I can play the guitar, alto sax, and a bit of the piano.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Jhanzelle Francis

I love music too. I actually used to play the clarinet...and I really miss it.

I am into all sorts of music, I listen to everything from Reggae (Cause I'm Jamaican), Gospel, Latino, Reggaeton, Love Songs, R&B, Hip-hop, some rap, country, Rock, and Pop. I hope my roommate loves music too, Cus I freakin' live it.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Raven Brockriede

Default yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Scott
I live for music! I play flute and I am a beginning oboe player but alas have no oboe. In regards to music I like to listen to, the list is long and varied. I have favorite songs in almost every genre. Most of my music collection is in French. THe French I have is contemporary as well as the classic Paris type of music from like the 40's and 50's. So yeah, French musicals, French rap, French techno...etc. all have a special place in my heart. And then the other bulk of my music collection is broadway music: Les Miserables, Wicked, Avenue Q, Jekyll and Hyde, West Side Story, Chess, etc. The list is long. I have some comtemporary top 40 artists as well. DMB, Coldplay, Belle and Sebastian (well, they're not top 40, but meh.) Matchbox 20. So yeah. That's me in music!

we'll get along nicely!!!!!!!!!! love the music taste!!!!! lol