Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Raven Brockriede

Exclamation Volunteer Members Needed!!!!!!!

hey there....I volunteer for my local JDRF, and when I get to Drew, I want to start a JDRF Volunteer GROUP!!!

it's for Juvenile Diabetes~ (TYPE 1)
for information on this disease go to:
http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=103438
click on a section to read about this disease that is threatening the lives of many CHILDREN and adults today. My 11 year old brother has had the disease since he was five years old, and needs to deal with shots every day, as well as the ever-annoying finger-pricks..he plays MANY sports, and only dreams of living like everyone else...without insulin shots, he could die in 5 days, if not sooner if his body decided to give-out...

please, if you are interested in joining a group that helps the local JDRF (near madison) with walks, fundraisers, and anything else we could contribute, let me know!

*PERKS*
-you feel GREAT
-you help raise money to find a cure which in turn saves lives!
-you get free trips possibly! today, about 400 people recieved free tickets to 6 Flags Great Adventure!!
-all you have to do is VOLUNTEER!
~*~*~LET me know!~*~*~
Old 06-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Heather Greco

I would like to Volunteer and if your interested in other Volunteer stuff I work with NARR for Autism which, truthfully my little sister has. I can't offer all the perks though.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Henry W. Coates

Raven, you'll have my full support and I will help you organize events and the such. I organized a walk before I went abroad, and it went really well. I was planning on getting a group together for another walk this october at Cook College. We'll combine efforts and bring a large group.

My little brother Charlie has been diabetic since he was two years old. Its been rough and scary, but Charlie has been amazing. All he wants is a cure. I'll do all within my power to see not only his wish, but millions of others as well, come true.

So, yea. We'll put a plan together and make it happen.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Matthew Ogonowski

Thumbs up

yo i'm down. my best friend has had it since before i met him 10 years ago. he hasn't even told his dad, because he's afraid his dad will get depressed. it's not quite as serious as your brother has it raven but he still has it. i'm down just let me know what to do.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Marielle Duke

hey there.
I'd be interested in helping with both, the diabetes and the autism.

My cousin has autism and i have to take care of him alot after my aunt and uncle im actually his next in line guardian.
Ive been volunteering with ACS (american cancer society ) for years so am looking to keep that up to
Old 06-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Susana Vieira

That sounds like something i would like to participate in. If you guys need any help planning or setting events up for this you can count on me. I like helping out with causes such as these. Kinda makes me feel good :-)

~susy~
Old 06-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Heather Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielle Duke
hey there.
I'd be interested in helping with both, the diabetes and the autism.

My cousin has autism and i have to take care of him alot after my aunt and uncle im actually his next in line guardian.
Ive been volunteering with ACS (american cancer society ) for years so am looking to keep that up to
If you don'tg mind me asking how bad does your cousin have autism. I mean it can go to so many levels?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:11 PM
Marielle Duke

nah i dont mind. ive had to discuss it alot
he's severley autistic. he's going to be five and is functioning at about an 8 month level so he doesnt really talk, istn potty trained or anything like that.
he can walk on his own but has no sense of danger so will run into the street and stuff like that
he is slowly improving tho and is starting to recognize people and is able to somewhat communicate the things that he needs and is beginning to be able to parrot words tho he cant say things on his own yet.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Raven Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Greco
I would like to Volunteer and if your interested in other Volunteer stuff I work with NARR for Autism which, truthfully my little sister has. I can't offer all the perks though.

haha...okay! gladly, my little cousin has autism too! sign me up!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Raven Brockriede

Default Awesome!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W. Coates
Raven, you'll have my full support and I will help you organize events and the such. I organized a walk before I went abroad, and it went really well. I was planning on getting a group together for another walk this october at Cook College. We'll combine efforts and bring a large group.

My little brother Charlie has been diabetic since he was two years old. Its been rough and scary, but Charlie has been amazing. All he wants is a cure. I'll do all within my power to see not only his wish, but millions of others as well, come true.

So, yea. We'll put a plan together and make it happen.

YES! that's all they ever want, and we will grant their wish of finding a cure. Have you ever been to a JDRF gala? they're awesome, and I am helping with that this year as well....they have auctions and people donate money at this EXTREMELY formal ball...

tell your brother that he's not alone....how old is he now?