Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Jennifer Stapelfeld

Default transfer housing!!!

heyy all you wonderful fellow transfer students!

i just got my housing info today from the drew website, so hopefully you all will be able to access it too. Where is everyone living?

I'm in hoyt-bowne 327, i don't think there are any freshmen in the building soooo i really hope i'll have a few transfers living there with me so i'm not all alone during orientation, lol.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Dia O'Neil

hoyt = awesome dorm, all upperclassmen [with the occasional sophomore]. feel lucky except that the showers are horrible. but people seem to stay clean enough, hehe.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia O'Neil
hoyt = awesome dorm, all upperclassmen [with the occasional sophomore]. feel lucky except that the showers are horrible. but people seem to stay clean enough, hehe.
There are no words to describe the showers in hoyt, the english language is not that foul. Vogon Poetry comes close. You also need to become friends with the bugs, for they are the ones who truly own the hoyt showers.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 08-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Camille Gallo

I'm in Baldwin 110 ...any info on that dorm?
Old 08-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Emily Smykla

Baldwin is a very nice dorm. I lived on Baldwin 1 last year. The rooms are nice and big, air conditioned, nice closets, etc. It's a quiet dorm too. It has a good central location. The only thing that sucked about living there was that our bathroom was often in disrepair, but that was mostly due to the questionable hygiene and etiquette of the other girls living on the floor...I doubt you will have the same problems.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Jennifer Stapelfeld

umm....now that i'm petrified of showering in hoyt....what makes it awesome???
Old 08-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Gallo
I'm in Baldwin 110 ...any info on that dorm?
The only real problem with Baldwin and Haselton is that you need to make room for someone to live in your room over winter break. Usually it's just clear out 1/2 of dresser and the top surface of your desk. Put stuff in the closet and it'll be fine.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 08-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Stapelfeld
umm....now that i'm petrified of showering in hoyt....what makes it awesome???

haha, aw, don't be petrified. the showers are just really small is the main problem.

hoyt is awesome because it's gorgeous. it's the oldest dorm on campus, is close to pretty much everything, the rooms are BIG, the halls are BIG [unlike tolley/brown halls which make you feel a little like you're navigating a dungeon at times]. it's just...got class. it's a classy dorm. haha. wish i had a chance to live there, but i'm happy with my living arrangements.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Jennifer Stapelfeld

thanks dia!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Daniel K. Carmody

Plus Hoyt is haunted... so thats always fun.