Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen Shubeck
What happens with these hauntings, like noises, or like actually seeing things?

depends. i've seen things, heard things, but mainly feel things. once something followed me back from welch halfway to my dorm. it was kind of weird...not scary, though. and the time i remember most vividly was when something was stalking me back from hoyt to tolley my freshman year. jesus, that was one of the scariest moments of my LIFE. felt like my life was about to be snuffed out.

but that's rare. most of the fellows at drew are quite amiable, if you take the time to get to know them. the ghost on A-deck in the library really freaks most people out, but he and i are buddies [primarily because the linguistics section is down there, and no ghost is keeping ME away from THAT].
Old 08-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Laura A. Billet

Smile

[quote=Jackie DiLorenzo]Haha, is there an official list up? Like on princetonreview or something?

Hehe theres really not an *official* list, its just kinda common knowledge. One of the huge ones is UVA, since it was around during the civil war. And used as a hospital...
Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Camille Gallo

i think gettysburg might be number 1
Old 08-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Daniel K. Carmody

Actually there is somewhat of a list... I cant remember the URL to the website, I'll have to look it up again... Not really official, but it is a list... soooo

But Gettysburg is indeed #1
Old 08-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Katharine Overgaard

This thread is seriously creeping me out... dude, why didn't anyone warn me before I decided to go to Drew?!? hahah...
Old 08-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Raven Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia O'Neil
heehee! yup! and i will take any and all interested freshmen on a personalized "most haunted places at drew" tour, should anybody so desire man, the thing on A-deck is gonna be real glad to see me...
hmmm...i was there one night, and Kyle Nugent showed me haunted areas....we even checked out this basement secret passage way in the basement of the library....it turned out to be kinda stupid...but we were feeling adventurous...

i was told that the most haunted area is in the basement of the women's hall. and there's a secret passage-way into MAdison which is blocked off...
Old 08-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Raven Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Gallo
are people in the dorms friendly cause i'm a transfer and little worried about meeting people

dont be worried!!!!!!!!!!!!! i PROMISE i don't bite
we'll make sure you are perfectly happy!
i love people, so there shouldn't be an issue.
i'm having a dessert party on the second Saturday we're there...so you should definately come.

*ps. I'm STOKED this thread became popular!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Benjamin R. Shedlock

Kyle's a nice guy.... a little strange though. Most people at Drew are like that. Nice but quirky. It's a good balance

Last edited by Benjamin R. Shedlock : 08-19-2006 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:42 AM
Jennifer A. Richter

To Camille- yes, people at drew are friendly. I really havent met too many really unfriendly people. really the only problems i could even think of involve people being too friendly and not taking a hint, lol.

As for ghosts, I'm really interested in ghosts and hauntings, and as far as ive seen, the hauntings at drew are highly overrated... I'm take walks at night, usually in the woods behind Tolley, and I studied in Tolley basement while doing laundry for many hours, and I never seen/heard/felt anything... I even did a ghost hunt right in the beginning of last year, and all we found was old stuff, dust, and all manner of places we probably shouldnt have been, lol .
Theres a few good ghost stories floating around though- theres one about the fire in mead hall and the portraits there that sounds pretty legit... And of course the one about the ghost in hoyt was serious enough that the top floor is now an all girls floor, because the ghost there is traditionally very hostile towards men.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Kristen Shubeck

My Aunt actually used to work in Mead hall before it burned. If anybody has ever been in there, when you enter there is a very high ceiling and a balcony or whatever you want to call it on the second floor. She says that she has seen people walking around on the balcony area from the first floor when she was working late.