Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Keith P. Kovatch

Default PARTYS WHOO HOO! or partys???

i guess this is probably a stupid, immature question, but i dont care cus thats the kinda guy i am parties...when? were? do they exist? or are they mythological creatures? how do i find out about them?
Old 08-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

1. Take a thursday, friday, or saturday night.
2. Walk towards Tolley/Brown
3. When you hear the noise, go there. You've found the suites. congrats.

Other parties are at townhouses, Hoyt, or Asbury. You'll hear things.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Timothee Charpie

haha sweet i'll be living in tolley so not a long way to walk plus i'm on the 1st floor so no walking up steps
Old 08-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Dia O'Neil

that depends. do you want sloppy, wild free for all fratboy parties where the only thing dwarfing the number of people is the amount of cheap beer? go to the suites [situated conveniently next to freshman housing].

do you want oftentimes-themed parties with less sloppiness but just as little regard for quiet hours? try asbury.

do you want more intimate gatherings, a little less rowdiness, and socialization plus golf-course style drinking "holes"? try hoyt on a thursday.

do you want big, mostly-themed parties where you can have a good time AND not feel as though you're going to be dragged behind a tree and raped/beat up/dragged off by PS? try the townhouses/theme houses.

i could be mildly biased towards the latter two. your best bet would be to give them all a try. just make sure to come to goth ball in october at woco
Old 08-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
1. Take a thursday, friday, or saturday night.
2. Walk towards Tolley/Brown
3. When you hear the noise, go there. You've found the suites. congrats.

Other parties are at townhouses, Hoyt, or Asbury. You'll hear things.
Wow, that may be the most accurate directions for finding a party I've ever seen.

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 08-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Amanda L. Brennan

I'm not a party person, but I <3 WoCo parties just because they're themed and I like costumes. And I love replacing my y's with ies-es.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Jenna L. Scandone

goth ball?? woco??? golf parties???

i live in the suburbs, the secluded suburbs at that. our escapades consist of drinking out on the beach a la the OC only were not as pretty (at least im honest)

help me out with this.

and i LOVE how the big party halls are always within/next to the freshmen dorms. are they setting us up or what?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Jenna L. Scandone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. Kovatch
i guess this is probably a stupid, immature question, but i dont care cus thats the kinda guy i am parties...when? were? do they exist? or are they mythological creatures? how do i find out about them?

and thanks for asking what no one else had the balls to ask.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Amanda L. Brennan

WoCo = Womyn's Concerns theme house, Eberhardt 23/24. It has a giant vagina on it, so it's hard to miss. The people who live there are awesome. The people who live there include Dia and myself. They like to throw themed parties, and be concerned with womyn. or women. I'm still new to this.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Dia O'Neil

*grin* yeah, we throw good, safe, and still crazy parties. goth ball is one of the biggest of the year. it will probably be at the end of october or very beginning of november. everyone dresses up all goth-like and dances on tables. it's good fun. seriously, SO many people show up. i can't wait.

plus, if you get on woco's good side, we might invite you to semi-clothed at the end of the year. hehehe. it's our single invite-only party, and it's effing crazy.

and the club is "women" and the house is "womyn." i understand the social reasons for the letter change, but i still think it's silly [says the big feminist]. i mean, from a linguistic standpoint it isn't necessary as women arose from a neutral term for humankind rather than man as we know it today...but i won't get into that. promise. anyway you should stop by because we're fantastic

Last edited by Dia O'Neil : 08-28-2005 at 12:50 AM.