Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Steven Fagan

Default Dumb kids going to Drew?

Am I the only one? I really hope not. Like I am so not smart, and IDK why Drew accepted me but yeah they did, and i just hope all of u guys arent like REALLY effin smart cause ill look like even more of a dumbass than i already am. PLEASE LET OTHER STUPID PEOPLE BE ATTENDING DREW!!!!!

oh and also what other schools did you guys apply to/were interested in?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
Ranger Cub

Don't worry. I'm not that smart either. Before I saw Drew i was going to apply to Princeton, NYU and Columbia as well as Duke, but then I saw Drew and fell in love with it, and decided to go there. I applied early decision and so I didn't have to apply anywhere else. I got in to my first choice!

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. ~ Douglas Adams

If someone wants a sheep, then that means that he exists. ~ Antoine de St. Exupery
Old 05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
Elder Drewid

Hah.

So much to say....

but let's just go with the short answer: no, you're not the only one...
Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Katharine Overgaard

I don't know about smart... but I'll tell y'all where I applied!
Ready?: Alfred University, Bates College, Clark University, Colby College, Drew (yay!), Ithaca College, Mount Holyoke College, Wheaton College, and UMass-Amherst. I didn't get into Bates, which I was really bummed about (1st choice), but whatever... I'm pumped for Drew!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Ranger Cub

I am really glad to get away from the dumb kids in my school, and when I say dumb kids I mean kids that couldn't get into any college anywhere so I'm sure none of you apply. Kids that ask questions that any second grader would laugh at. But I'm sure there will be many people on your level and probably lower. Anyway I only applied to Drew early decision, I was so happy to get into my first choice and not have to worry about applications.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Jhanzelle Francis

Well, I'm not that smart either. I think that the philadelphia school district cheats us kids out of a good education. But, I applied to Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, Dickinson College, Loyola College in Maryland, Indiana University of P.A, Rutger's University, Towson State College, and Cornell.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Steven Fagan

honestly ya'll are smarter than me. i applied to bad schools compared to all of u guys. eigth in fact. drew, fairfeild, quinnipiac, hofstra, roger williams, arcadia, salve regina, fairleigh dickenson. i got into all of them and most gave me money, but theyre shit schools. i only really got into drew cause of my SAT's but other than that i suck at LIFE. hehe
Old 05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Raven Brockriede

Talking at least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Fagan
honestly ya'll are smarter than me. i applied to bad schools compared to all of u guys. eigth in fact. drew, fairfeild, quinnipiac, hofstra, roger williams, arcadia, salve regina, fairleigh dickenson. i got into all of them and most gave me money, but theyre shit schools. i only really got into drew cause of my SAT's but other than that i suck at LIFE. hehe

you aren't a smart kid who I guess... looks dumb....people treat me like I have NO BRAIN IN MY HEAD without even meeting me! it aggervates me to the extreme! lol

but, I am not incredibly intellectual, so I guess I can join you guys on this whole, "not smart" deal. I got into Drew because...well, as the dean of admissions put it, "your service orientation is commendable.." so yea, because of my communtiy service record...I am sure my SATs helped a GREAT DEAL, and my GPA is pretty good, but I am reminded EVERY DAY in my English Honors class, that I SUCK AT WRITING ESSAYS... although the teacher is an ass.....lol)

so, yea....hi!?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Steven Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Brockriede
you aren't a smart kid who I guess... looks dumb....people treat me like I have NO BRAIN IN MY HEAD without even meeting me! it aggervates me to the extreme! lol

but, I am not incredibly intellectual, so I guess I can join you guys on this whole, "not smart" deal. I got into Drew because...well, as the dean of admissions put it, "your service orientation is commendable.." so yea, because of my communtiy service record...I am sure my SATs helped a GREAT DEAL, and my GPA is pretty good, but I am reminded EVERY DAY in my English Honors class, that I SUCK AT WRITING ESSAYS... although the teacher is an ass.....lol)

so, yea....hi!?

WELL UR IN HONOR CLASSES!!!!!! i have never had an honors class ever. and im in stupid math cause my math teacher for sophmore and junior year hated me cause im the biggest slacker ever. bam im the dumbest drew student EVERRRR. proud of too
Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Casey Zaboras

Lightbulb

Hey, I'm "dumb" and proud of it! Although I'm in all honors/APs, but I work really hard to stay here. Honestly my experience in the "honors" classes, is anything but honorable... Our "best" students in my high school are all cheater and liers... so I'm proud of my dumb status... ok... that was my random ranting... I think us Drew kids are far more down to earth. Rock on Drew!