Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Thomas M. Morgan

Thumbs up DrewTV?

So, we all know that Drew has its own radio station, which is pretty awesome even though nobody really listens it.

But what about a DrewTV Network??? I think there are 1 or 2 channels there for academic use, and I think that I've heared of teachers using it to show videos, but could students possibly make their own tv shows and broadcast them over it?

I think that this would be awesome, and I'll certainly be the first one to have the Thom Morgan Variety Show on the air. That is if the MRC can loan me a camera.

Think of it, we could have talk shows, comedies, student made movies or cartoons...

And while were at it, Drew should have a film department.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas M. Morgan
...I'll certainly be the first one to have the Thom Morgan Variety Show on the air.

aw, I wanted to be the first to do the Thom Morgan Variety Show.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Amanda L. Brennan

We used to have DUST (Drew University Student Television) but that was also before I got here and I don't know anything else about it.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Thomas M. Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
aw, I wanted to be the first to do the Thom Morgan Variety Show.

hahahaha

DUST huh??? hmmmm...
Old 10-21-2005, 11:17 AM

There was DUST, but a number of problems plagued DUST over the past few years. A former general manager took most of the library, leaving them with little old programming to fall back on. Some equipment went missing at around this time.

The largest blow was the loss of the studio, which was never really theirs. The television studio below the library was used for most DUST shows, and even multiple scenes in movies DUST produced, and over the years I believe the students in charge started to assume the studio was theirs. They were told to find studio space a few times over the years, but when the leadership of a club changes every year, and considering how busy students in their final year usually are, that looming threat wasn't really taken as seriously as it should have been.

What used to be the studio is now a great (and needed) mediated room underneath the library. DUST never found a new studio, and is now homeless.

It's a shame, there used to be a large number of shows on just about every week, despite the size of the school's population.

the Enterprise Technology Center
Old 10-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Thomas M. Morgan

So lets say somebody wants to bring DUST back... what kind of steps would they have to go through?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell W. Sprague
The largest blow was the loss of the studio...

So a blow ended DUST?
Old 10-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary C. Kanfer
So a blow ended DUST?
wow zach.....wow. Although I've spent enough time with you to expect such a joke, it still amazes me when you make it....

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."
Old 10-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Zachary C. Kanfer

Does it make you want to Pledge never to listen to such a joke again?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Ranger Cub

Default Dust

I love Drew and it's crazy anacronyms...that's one I haven't heard of yet!

My son is a freshman and is interested in film (see his posting elsewhere on this) I know he would be very interested in getting this off the ground too.

While I'm at it be sure to listen to his "Happy Basement Show" Fridays 4-6pm on WMNJ....with Mark and Anastacia.