Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Alicia E. Lutes

Exclamation Like Music? Wanna DJ @ WMNJ?

Did you know that Drew University has its own radio station?

WELL IT DOES! And in 06-07, the station is coming back with a vengeance!

AND WE WANT YOU! Yes, you!

If you are interested in DJing at Drew’s new & improved station, 88.9FM, then let us know!

NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY; we’ll train you! Simply email Alicia Lutes (Programming Director) at: alutes at drew dot edu (alutes@drew.edu)!

Please provide the following information:

-Name:
-Name of Co-Host (if any):
-Ext(s): (*note: if you’re a commuter, just put your cell phone#!)
-Year:
-Show Format (i.e. music, talk radio, sports, commentary, etc…):

FRESHMEN: Clearly you probably do not know your ext. and/or if you want a co-host. It’s okay! Just supply us with as much information as possible and you can always add a co-host later in the semester!

Please make sure that you are DEDICATED & PASSIONATE about the station; we really need people who are ready to COMMIT & be committed to making the station great! It’s most definitely a re-building year, so we want the most tenacious Drew students on campus!

Again, just email Alicia at: alutes@drew.edu and she will add you to the email list! Expect emails from us at the station in late June/early July!

Thanks kids!
Alicia Lutes
Programming Director, WMNJ 88.9FM
alutes@drew.edu
Old 05-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Elder Drewid

Now what were we *just* saying about cross-posting...

...seriously now.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Alicia E. Lutes

You know, not everyone checks every forum on here.

I don't see what the big deal is about me trying to accumulate as much interest in the radio station as possible; a lot of people don't even KNOW we have a station on campus.

If I can get even one person to sign up because of this, then I would say there is no harm done. We're trying our darndest to put back together the radio station with what pieces Chris Chesebro left us.

Sorry if you are offended, but I think that something like is is just fine to be cross-posting. Besides it's the internet, and it's a Drew forum. How about we just let it go because really, who cares?
Old 05-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

So the ends justify the means, no matter how much harm is done? And why does the internet mean that you can do whatever you want? Where else is that an acceptable way to act? i mean, no 1 crs wht u do b/c its da nternt, so y bthr trying 2 fllow cmmon curtosie?!!?!??

Also, apparently there are people who care, as evidenced by the fact that we're even having this conversation. Please follow common netiquette. It's really not hard.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Alicia E. Lutes

Tell me what harm is being done and if it's legitimate, I'll take the post down if it makes you guys happy.

I don't see ANY harm being done in this.

And by the way, I think that I have been following complete "courtesy" or what have you. I'm imagining that no one in the Class of 2007 is going to be looking at the '08, '09, or '10 forums, and vice versa. Some people do not even KNOW we have a radio station! I'm trying to make it as accessible as possible to as many people as possible. Honestly, it's not like I posted this in 487387543987543 places on this site; I kept it to the CLA forums--that's it.

Last edited by Alicia E. Lutes : 05-21-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:46 PM

One of complaints we've had about the forums is the sheer number of them. We try to model after the old newsgroups and that just doesn't work on a web-based forum like vBulletin. The desire to cross-post is partially a result of there being too many forums, so it is understandable.

Expect us to consolidate a lot of these this summer. No more separate forums for every student org, every class, etc. I understand why people wanted it that way, but after a year of having this site up with less adoption than we'd like it's safe to say it doesn't quite work that way. We've been talking internally about this and I think we'd like to get the number of forums on the home screen down to ten or less. This will be much more manageable for people and I hope that adoption increases as a result.

In the meantime, I think we can be a little understanding about some of the x-posting.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Alicia E. Lutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Axel Larsson
One of complaints we've had about the forums is the sheer number of them. We try to model after the old newsgroups and that just doesn't work on a web-based forum like vBulletin. The desire to cross-post is partially a result of there being too many forums, so it is understandable.

Expect us to consolidate a lot of these this summer. No more separate forums for every student org, every class, etc. I understand why people wanted it that way, but after a year of having this site up with less adoption than we'd like it's safe to say it doesn't quite work that way. We've been talking internally about this and I think we'd like to get the number of forums on the home screen down to ten or less. This will be much more manageable for people and I hope that adoption increases as a result.

In the meantime, I think we can be a little understanding about some of the x-posting.

Thanks!

I think this definitely would help out a lot; if there was only one forum for ALL CLA students, then I think the whole 'crossposting drama' that seems to be here would disappear. I know if there was only one forum for ALL CLA students then I wouldn't have posted this so many times. Thanks for the information about the updates coming this summer! I appreciate it.