uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Raven Brockriede

Default you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Richmond
Yeah our valedictorian smokes so much weed it's ridiculous. Ugh!

I wouldn't say I'm dumb but I'm not brilliant. My math is deplorable (case in point: there was a 170 point disparity between my math and verbal scores on the SAT, the math being the lower) and I don't know why they accepted me but they did. They didn't give me a reason like the person who had the service hours, because I don't do community service... I work.

But yes, I have learned nothing in precalculus this year... I blame the fact that 1) my brother and I are in the same class (bizarre, I know; he's a junior too) and 2) I have distracting people at my table and 3) math is evil. I'm afraid of calculus next year. lol.

As for the schools I applied to: Emerson College (that was a really tough decision, between Drew and Emerson, but Drew gave me way more money), Boston University, and American University.

you use big words....you is smarteer den mine...lol me go college me is smart....lol

just kidding, but you come off as smart to me!
Old 05-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Katharine Overgaard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly Tabatabaie
This thread is slightly disheartening.
Thank you.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Amanda L. Brennan

WOW. I thought the whole "being dumb is SOOoooOoooo kEwL" thing went out in sixth grade. All of my friends at Drew are smart because we're actually proud of the work that we do and put effort in to it. This thread is really sad.

Edit: I didn't read page two before I posted the above. It's so ironic that everyone's talking about their AP exams in this thread (where's the eyeroll smiley?) but the French AP exam killed me 2 years ago as well. I may have scored 7th in the state on my NJ state exam, but I still got a 2.

Last edited by Amanda L. Brennan : 05-27-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Jennifer E. Hudon

Is this actually a post topic?
Old 05-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Alicia E. Lutes

I don't know why:

1.) people are EXCITED about being dumb
2.) people are calling themselves dumb when they took AP classes/are doing well in high school.

Being "book" smart and "common sense" smart are two different things. I'm pretty sure I see what is lacking here.

This is honestly one of the saddest things I have ever seen. WHY would you kids be excited that you think you're 'dumb' and rally underneath the label of a 'dumb kid' when it's SUCH a derogatory thing? It's NOT cool to be dumb, stupid, vapid, etc...no matter WHAT the headlines tell you.

You should be glad that you got INTO college and can GO to college! So many people can't. You should be excited about the challenges and the prospect of learning. I don't know why this is lost on so many people. SO MANY PEOPLE that go to college take this for granted; they just figure that college is a 4-year-joyride to a piece of paper that will hopefully get them a better job with a lot of money.

You shouldn't go to college for that; it can be a nice bonus, but not the sole reason. You should want to work hard to reap the benefits of getting good grades and seeing that you're bettering your self and your chances of a successful and happy life. You should find joy and excitement in learning for yourself, not just 'getting through it' so you can go sit on a $200,000 bachelor's degree in a corner office somewhere doing the 9-to-5.

And, as a sidenote to any girls on here with certain misconceptions:

-Guys don't think being dumb is cute. And neither do other people that have to deal with your stupidity act. And if the guy you're trying to 'impress' does dig this stupid girl act, well he isn't worth it. Trust me.

And guys if you think this way; you seriously need a reality check.

Dumb isn't becoming on ANYONE!

Last edited by Alicia E. Lutes : 05-27-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Raven Brockriede

Talking i love it!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia E. Lutes
I don't know why:

2.) people are calling themselves dumb when they took AP classes/are doing well in high school.

Being "book" smart and "common sense" smart are two different things. I'm pretty sure I see what is lacking here.

This is honestly one of the saddest things I have ever seen. WHY would you kids be excited that you think you're 'dumb' and rally underneath the label of a 'dumb kid' when it's SUCH a derogatory thing? It's NOT cool to be dumb, stupid, vapid, etc...no matter WHAT the headlines tell you.

You should be glad that you got INTO college and can GO to college! So many people can't. You should be excited about the challenges and the prospect of learning. I don't know why this is lost on so many people. SO MANY PEOPLE that go to college take this for granted; they just figure that college is a 4-year-joyride to a piece of paper that will hopefully get them a better job with a lot of money.

You shouldn't go to college for that; it can be a nice bonus, but not the sole reason. You should want to work hard to reap the benefits of getting good grades and seeing that you're bettering your self and your chances of a successful and happy life. You should find joy and excitement in learning for yourself, not just 'getting through it' so you can go sit on a $200,000 bachelor's degree in a corner office somewhere doing the 9-to-5.

-Guys don't think being dumb is cute. And neither do other people that have to deal with your stupidity act. And if the guy you're trying to 'impress' does dig this stupid girl act, well he isn't worth it. Trust me.

i know what you mean....i live with five guys..so i know that when a guy "likes" a dumb girl, it's because she's dumb and he can get into her pants easier...my older brother is currently doing that, or her I should say...

DUMB IS NOT COOL when you are smart because it is ANNOYING!!
my brother and I went to the beach with his dumb girl, and we had to make excuses to get away..(she's pretty, but yes, my brother CAN be shallow...) guys like to DATE smart girls, so more power to us!! lol

I know I have a brain, so i use it, i HATE IT when people think I'm an idiot, because I AM ACTUALLY smart...

*and this whole thing doesn't just apply to girls! I REFUSE TO DATE A GUY I CAN'T HOLD A CONVERSATION WITH!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't date the dumb ones!!!!

so DONT ACT DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Katharine Overgaard

Quote:
I don't know why:

I think you and I would get along Great. Too bad you're not a freshman... you know Maggie White, though, no?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Alicia E. Lutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katharine Overgaard
I think you and I would get along Great. Too bad you're not a freshman... you know Maggie White, though, no?

haha i do know maggie! we're buddies
Old 05-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Mary Richmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Brockriede
you use big words....you is smarteer den mine...lol me go college me is smart....lol

just kidding, but you come off as smart to me!

lol, I use big words to compensate for my sad, sad math skills... and lack of common sense.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Steven Fagan

Quote:
I don't know why:

First, I am in absolutely no AP classes at all. And I didnt do really well in High School at all, so that takes away number 2. Now for number 1, im not excited about being dumb, im just making good of a bad situation. i mean i cant control my intelligence, so if im not the smartest student in the world, its ok to try to create a little humor about it. But thanks for the advice and guidance...