Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Theo Students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Susie H. Thomas

Default iPod 911

Hey all,

My iPod has died - black screen of doom. Does anyone know how to repair iPods or replace their batteries, whichever is the case with mine? The Apple Store in Short Hills isn't doing repairs now....Thanks,

Susie
Old 10-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Katherine M. Marchese

Default ipod 911 maybe this will help

Dear Susie, my ipod died on me last year. the only thing i would look into if you haven't is how much it costs to send your ipod out to the company for repairs. in my case, it was totally unworth it but it its just a battery u might have better luck. if worst comes to worst, check and see if they still have refurbished ipods, they're cheaper, work really great, just like a new ipod and could save u money and exasperation. good luck!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

The issue is figuring out what's wrong: if it's the screen or the battery. Try looking around on this site, and see if it's an LCD problem.

As a sidenote, I got my ipod from http://flashipods4free.com/, spending about $75 total on stuff, and $50 of that was something I forgot to return. You just sign up for trial offers (many of which cost $1.99 or something similar), and if you don't like them, you can cancel within a week. If you don't, you get signed up for the full version of the trial offer, which costs more. I signed up with a dummy account (fake email) and looked at the offers before giving my real email away. I don't think they've spammed me, but I get so much spam I don't know where it's coming from.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Susie H. Thomas

Talking Ipod revived!!

Thank you, Katherine and Zachary - I went to the site you recommneded, Zachary, did the little diagnostic, and wow! my iPod wasn't deceased, after all! Just verey very low battery. many thanks - back to the Grateful Dead!

susie