Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Lauren J. Kane

Default Get the Low-Down on Orientation!

So really... what's Drew Orientation all about?
Here's the place to post all your questions about Orientation, Drew, First Year Seminars, Paper Work, Residence Halls, Commuting, Academics, Social Life, Sports, Organizations... in short... anything and everything! Expect quick and reliable information from us, your 2006 Orientation Committee Tri-Chairs. Remember your OC Big Sibling is also a GREAT wealth of information, so make sure to keep in touch with them through out the coming months. We look forward to hearing from you!
Enjoy the end of your school year and have a great start to the summer!
Old 05-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Raven Brockriede

Default orientation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren J. Kane
So really... what's Drew Orientation all about?
Here's the place to post all your questions about Orientation, Drew, First Year Seminars, Paper Work, Residence Halls, Commuting, Academics, Social Life, Sports, Organizations... in short... anything and everything! Expect quick and reliable information from us, your 2006 Orientation Committee Tri-Chairs. Remember your OC Big Sibling is also a GREAT wealth of information, so make sure to keep in touch with them through out the coming months. We look forward to hearing from you!
Enjoy the end of your school year and have a great start to the summer!

Some members of the class of '09 told me that the orientation ends with a boat trip, but the agenda on the committee's website states there's a movie under the stars....what is REALLY going on during those first few days?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Gary A. Hochman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Brockriede
Some members of the class of '09 told me that the orientation ends with a boat trip, but the agenda on the committee's website states there's a movie under the stars....what is REALLY going on during those first few days?

Well your source was partially correct. For the past 3 years there has been an orientation cruise, but it has never been at the very end of orientation. Looking at the agenda, the have it currently listed for Sunday night (the night when it has been traditionally done).
Old 05-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Lauren J. Kane

You are correct that in years past we have "ended" Orientation with a cruise on Sunday night. Right now, we are still in the process of making up our exact schedule for this year's Orientation, but I can assure you we will have something exciting planned! Keep checking back to the OC website (groups.drew.edu/oc) for the most up to date information.

In the mean time.. know that those first few days are filled with many chances to meet your new class mates, big siblings, and other members of the Drew community. It is also a great time to learn more about "the forest" that you are about to call home!

Old 05-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Ranger Cub

What should I do if I haven't heard from my big sibling yet?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Lauren J. Kane

Stephan- You should hear from your big sibling with in the next few weeks. Information for first years come to us at different times based on when you decided to enroll, so just keep checking your mail. You should be getting something very soon!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Ranger Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren J. Kane
Stephan- You should hear from your big sibling with in the next few weeks. Information for first years come to us at different times based on when you decided to enroll, so just keep checking your mail. You should be getting something very soon!

Thanks , I got the impression from the other thread that almost everyone had heard from their sibling by now.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Lauren J. Kane

Nope..you're not the only one.