Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > Student Organizations > InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Jonathan M. Hancewicz

Default Revelation Generation

Hey all,

I was talking to Christian, and he suggested this as a better medium for this discussion. The more I think about it, he's right. We get to see all of the pros, cons and valid arguments in one place.

This way, we have less of a chance of overlooking something. For starters, I'll post the link to the site. Everyone check this thread from time to time and post your thoughts, so that way we could have a cohesive conference even though we are not together.

For reference, here's the link to the Revelation Generation site:

http://www.revelationgeneration.org/index.php
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Jonathan M. Hancewicz

1) Deadlines
2) Cost
3) Freshmen
4) Spreading the Word
4a) The Loft

1) The deadline is Sunday for cheapest tickets. I think we should make a move before that.

2) In order to purchase group tickets, we would need $384. We could definitely get 12 people to go. But how could we get the money in advance?

3) I believe that we should get tickets for freshmen, but if we don't want them to pay this could get expensive for us. I think we should save 3 or so tickets from the 12 to give to freshmen. Preference should be given to those who go to church with us the first Sunday.

4) We have to make sure that the rest of IVCF is well informed of this. We should send out numerous emails.

4a) Lastly, I am at Drew this summer, and I attend the Loft every week. I could be the point person for this event at the Loft. I could give an announcement this Sunday if you would like. I just need confirmation that we are doing the event. What are your thoughts on asking them to contribute to freshmen tickets?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Lanie F. Wilt

Lightbulb Labor Day

Hey all-
I spoke with Elaine and she said that last year they all were planning on going and the weather was so terrible that there was flooding....

SO, do we want to wait and buy the tickets the week before? That way we'll have an indication of what the weather will be (these outdoor festivals are really not fun unless there's good weather) and won't have to risk losing the money or being locked into going in bad weather? The difference in price is minimal-- and that way we won't risk wasting any tickets either.

--Lanie