Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Matthew D. Ogonowski

Arrow Freshman Software

In my tech geek ways I was looking at the computer initiative for this years incoming class and noticed that they are getting a couple of software bundles that I don't think were given out last year and I'm guessing the years before. My question is if that's the case are the rest of the school given these programs somehow. I mean it's not really that big a deal I was just wondering. It's nice to be able to keep up with these young'uns haha.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:49 PM

I'm guessing you're specifically asking about Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements. Those are bundled software that Lenovo is making available to educational customers with the computers. We did not get that offer last year.

We will be rolling out Office 2007 in the fall, and Vista upgrades will probably be available sometime in 2008.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Zachary C. Kanfer

It's not Adobe Photoshop; it's Adobe Photoshop Elements (and Premiere Elements). Still cool to have, but it's not like the freshmen are getting the full $650 Photoshop (which is available for use in the Multimedia Lab).
Old 08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Heather M. Greco

As a sophmore I would really like to have the opportunity to get adobe premire elements I am very interested in film and i might want to do something with film as a minor or something (truthfully i am not sure yet) This program is amazing (my personal opinion) but it was not offered to me last year yet it seems like it would be a good tool to have and so like the other students I was wondering if it will be available to us upperclassmen?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather M. Greco
As a sophmore I would really like to have the opportunity to get adobe premire elements I am very interested in film and i might want to do something with film as a minor or something (truthfully i am not sure yet) This program is amazing (my personal opinion) but it was not offered to me last year yet it seems like it would be a good tool to have and so like the other students I was wondering if it will be available to us upperclassmen?
Unfortunately no. It's not a piece of software that Drew is licensing for the campus, like Office or SPSS, etc. The reason the first years are getting Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements is because Lenovo is throwing it in with new ThinkPad purchases for academic customers, so it is a feature of that specific computer package.