Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Lauren L. Franko

Thumbs down Snack Bar :(

The snack bar has started charging faculty and staff 7% sales tax on food items. Here's the problem, the cashiers are charging students too. After being charged $4.27 for a $3.99 panini, I questioned why tax was put on my order. A manager then told the cashier that tax is only for faculty. So the cashier plugged in another charge of $3.99 and rung my card up again. All in all my $3.99 sandwich cost me over $8.00 in points. If anyone happens to know where and to whom I can officially complain about this, please let me know. I'm very tired of the school stealing our food money with points that don't carry over to the next semester and meals that disappear. Now we're being charged extra at the snack bar?

Not cool, Drew, not cool.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Dominique D. Wilburn

Question

You should go to the presidents open hours. He really does listen to what the students have to say. And if you do go, you should mention how the snack bar is always out of stock. I mean really, how do you run of chicken and cheese?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Vincent J. Gamuzza

Dont worry about our stock we our covered untill next month lol and it has been a hard two weeks with getting things running and operational. As for you Ren come to the snack bar this weekend and Ill take care of your problem personally. Do not be mad at us we are trying to please everyone.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Lauren L. Franko

What does it mean that you are covered until next month? They keep running out of food....like bread today.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Vincent J. Gamuzza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren L. Franko
What does it mean that you are covered until next month? They keep running out of food....like bread today.

I mean we have enough food to last us untill next month, we will not run out of anything I assure you.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Thomas M. Basgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent J. Gamuzza
I mean we have enough food to last us untill next month, we will not run out of anything I assure you.

That's physically impossible, Vincent...hahaha! You can't have all the food you need until next month. Not only do we not have a place to put it, but food should go bad. If lunch meat doesn't go bad within a month, something is desperately wrong!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Lauren L. Franko

Not to mention if they have all the food....where is it? Are they hiding it in a secret room? How can they be 'out of food' when they have everything the need till next month?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Meaghan E. Bratichak

there have been at least three days where i tried to order a sandwich but there was no bread/wrap/roll for it.... and might i bring up the day there was no ice?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Vincent J. Gamuzza

Hey I have a fun idea why dont you all take turns hitting me with a stick lol caramba why you all attacking me, I know your all upset with our lack of service but we are all new at this there are stilll some bugs to be worked. And yes Tom ur right about our food but I was just over exagerating. We will run out of food but already have some ordered for the next week. And Ren, all of our stock is at the commons in their storage we ran out. You all have nothing to worry about, please believe me lol.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Thomas M. Basgil

Exclamation

Vincent, I'm not attacking you! Haha...I'm just saying that month old lunch meat reminds me of scary high school cafeterias.

I did write a comment to Sodexho about some of these things (drewdining.com, I think?), and they promptly wrote back. I don't know if that means they'll change anything, but at least they respond better than Aramark. We should all fill out comments about what we don't like, and if/when it doesn't change, at least we tried the nice route.