Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Raven Brockriede

Wink Tolley!!!!!!!!

hey there....I posted this b/c there are a lot of other halls creating threads....so HEY TOLLEY PEOPLE!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Nancy Chen

Yea, I agree! LoL. Hey everyone in Tolley!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Jackie DiLorenzo

Tolley 312! haha.

I'm so jealous of Welch-Holloway right now. Their rooms are bigger!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Laura A. Billet

Default I lived there...

Hey all!

I lived on Tolley first my freshman year (i'm a senior now). Tolley has a lot of perks. People in Tolley/Brown tend to be very social and friendly. A lot of people keep their doors open so it becomes a really friendly environment. True, the rooms aren't Grade A, but I think the atmosphere is what really matters.

This may sound really weird, but the doors in Tolley/Brown open outward, so its easy to be social. The doors in Holloway/Welch open inwards, making it a little harder to keep your doors open. I had really wanted to live in Holloway my freshman year, but I'm really happy I got to live in Tolley. The rooms may look nicer in Holloway/Welch, but it kinda has that sterile environment feeling. Also, they're partially upperclassmen dorms. This plays a part in socialization. The freshmen are all expecting the same sort of experience, but someone who's already in their nice little rut after a year may not be so responsive to new people on the floor.

Don't get me wrong, Holloway/Welch is a REALLY nice complex. My boyfriend lived there for 2 years. But with my experiences in Tolley, I think I was able to make some great friends.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Emily Smykla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie DiLorenzo
Tolley 312! haha.

I'm so jealous of Welch-Holloway right now. Their rooms are bigger!

Actually, they arent. The dimensions of the TB doubles are 14x10.5, and the doubles in Holloway are 14x10. PLUS, the TB closets are recessed into the wall so they do not take up any of the space in the room, whereas the closet-drawer things in Holloway DO take up a couple of the feet, so the rooms definitely look and feel a bit smaller than TB doubles. Welch rooms are nice because of the big closets, but it's a give and take...the L-shape of the room makes it harder to position your furniture and the ROOM itself is smaller if you subtract the closet. So, that's my two cents, I liked Tolley and I'm living there AGAIN as a junior (granted, it's a bit different of a circumstance since it's a quad, but still...)
Old 08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Jackie DiLorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura A. Billet
Hey all!

I lived on Tolley first my freshman year (i'm a senior now). Tolley has a lot of perks. People in Tolley/Brown tend to be very social and friendly. A lot of people keep their doors open so it becomes a really friendly environment. True, the rooms aren't Grade A, but I think the atmosphere is what really matters.

This may sound really weird, but the doors in Tolley/Brown open outward, so its easy to be social. The doors in Holloway/Welch open inwards, making it a little harder to keep your doors open. I had really wanted to live in Holloway my freshman year, but I'm really happy I got to live in Tolley. The rooms may look nicer in Holloway/Welch, but it kinda has that sterile environment feeling. Also, they're partially upperclassmen dorms. This plays a part in socialization. The freshmen are all expecting the same sort of experience, but someone who's already in their nice little rut after a year may not be so responsive to new people on the floor.

Don't get me wrong, Holloway/Welch is a REALLY nice complex. My boyfriend lived there for 2 years. But with my experiences in Tolley, I think I was able to make some great friends.

Oh, that's awesome. That's a really interesting point about the doors, too.

From the Drew website...

Which hall is that from? I'm just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Smykla
Actually, they arent. The dimensions of the TB doubles are 14x10.5, and the doubles in Holloway are 14x10.

Ohhh. All this time I was looking at the dimensions for a SINGLE... (10x8) which was really insane to me, haha.

Last edited by Jackie DiLorenzo : 08-17-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Laura A. Billet

Default hmmm

From the Drew website...

Which hall is that from? I'm just curious.

That could be Holloway, but it could also be Baldwin or Haselton. Its kind of your generic dorm
Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Laura A. Billet

Wink Tolley Basement

For all you who live in Tolley, you have the laundry room on one side of the basement. But if you go down to the other side of the basement you can find the radio station and the yearbook room (where i'll be spending time daily) So come down and check out Oak Leaves and the Oak Leaves forum, maybe help out every now and then. It'll be a fun year! And it's only a short walk down the stairs!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Dia O'Neil

and it's hauned! holy-freaking-haunted!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Jackie DiLorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia O'Neil
and it's hauned! holy-freaking-haunted!

I had a really weird dream about Tolley being haunted/possessed a while ago.