Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Young Squirrel

Angry $200 and still no parking?!

The commuter parking lot is a complete joke. I pay $200 to park on campus and I have to get to school almost 15 minutes before my first class just to be able to find a spot. I wouldn't be so mad if it weren't for the facilities vans parked in the lot behind Sitterly. The commuter lot is already too small to accommodate the growing number of commuters Drew has and facilities - who can park anywhere on campus - has now started storing their vans there. To top it all off they can't even park properly in one spot, they double park as if the driver was a 16 year old kid with his learners permit! If I'm paying all this money to park then I shouldn't have to fight facilities for a spot.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Squirrel

Right! I agree! If I pay $200 to park, I want to be able to pull up to the classroom like it's a drive-in movie!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Ranger Cub

Well that's a bit crazy Lloyd, but I agree with Sarah, Monday I almost crashed into a car because of the double parking by students. At the very least I know we as Commuters can park in any white space not already designated for anyone, but still there isn't all that many options. If I can't get Sitterly, I have to park in Tlighman far from any class.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Squirrel

I have been thinking this since the beginning of the semester. I get to campus about 15 minutes before my classes in the morning everyday, and there is never any parking. Yet we pay $200 for a spot, not trying to cram every commuter in the back of Sitterly. Last week, I actually found a spot, but leaving that spot at the end of the day took me about 10 minutes because of cars parked around the perimeter of the lot.

There is a commuter lunch that we've been invited to by Dean Haynes at 12 on Thursday in the new commuter lounge. Perhaps this would be a good time to bring up our concerns about the commuter parking lot.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Squirrel

Lightbulb

I've been commuting for a couple of years now and I just park where ever. I've never paid the $200 either. It must be luck or something because I have only gotten one ticket (which I don't have to pay since it isn't a real ticket). Long as your license plates aren't in your student name then they cannot charge your student account. Just don't park in handicap spots because you will get a real fine by the town cops. If you're concerned about the Drew tickets and the car is not in your name, you can get up to three before they will supposedly tow your car.

Also, if you are really that worried about it I would park across the street in the residential area. Not where the apartments are but across from where the traffic light is down by the houses. Is walking an extra 5 minutes going to kill you when you can save $200? I know it is sad that you did pay and cannot find parking for your money, but I do not think Drew has the ability to expand their commuter parking lot. Try parking in Tilghman lot and if they give you a ticket, go up to public safety and throw it in their face that there was not a single spot left for your use as a commuter because there are not enough spots plus facilities is utilizing the parking spots too. I don't know if this was helpful at all, but it is what it is.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Young Squirrel

Hi Sarah,

The Facilities vehicles should not be parked in the commuter spaces so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will look into it today and have the vans removed if parked improperly.

Regards,

Mike

-Facilities Management