Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Matthew Ogonowski
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy In Memorium

I don't know if anyone heard this but this past weekend Steve Fagan was struck by lightning in Montvale, NJ and sadly he died. Now I know most of us don't personally know him but he was supposed to be in our class. This is very sad and I think it would be a nice gesture if those who can in our class attended the wake or sent something like a card or flowers to his family. If anyone knows anything or has any ideas let me know.

Matto
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Raven Brockriede
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ogonowski
I don't know if anyone heard this but this past weekend Steve Fagan was struck by lightning in Montvale, NJ and sadly he died. Now I know most of us don't personally know him but he was supposed to be in our class. This is very sad and I think it would be a nice gesture if those who can in our class attended the wake or sent something like a card or flowers to his family. If anyone knows anything or has any ideas let me know.

Matto

YOU ARE KIDDING! he was nice....I "talked" to him often....that can't be possible....you ARE kidding right? What's his address? (if you're serious, which you can't be...)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Jacqueline DiLorenzo
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Brockriede
YOU ARE KIDDING! he was nice....I "talked" to him often....that can't be possible....you ARE kidding right? What's his address? (if you're serious, which you can't be...)


http://www.nbc10.com/news/9563693/detail.html
Oh no... that's terrible...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Akiva Roth Akiva Roth is offline
Young Squirrel
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
Default In Memory of Steven Fagan

Sadly, What Matthew reports is true. I had the pleasure of meeting Steven several times when he visited Drew last year. He was truly a very bright and sociable student. He was very much looking forward to coming to Drew.

Please see this link for more info on the tragic accident and about Steven's life: http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/...er?ntop&coll=1

One of his friends also started a group on facebbok called "We Miss Steve" or something like that. In the picture, Steven is wearing a Drew sweatshirt.

Peace,

Akiva D. Roth
Hillel Director and Jewish Chaplain
First Year Adviser
Instructor of Jewish Studies
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Raven Brockriede
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiva Roth
Sadly, What Matthew reports is true. I had the pleasure of meeting Steven several times when he visited Drew last year. He was truly a very bright and sociable student. He was very much looking forward to coming to Drew.

Please see this link for more info on the tragic accident and about Steven's life: http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/...er?ntop&coll=1

One of his friends also started a group on facebbok called "We Miss Steve" or something like that. In the picture, Steven is wearing a Drew sweatshirt.

Peace,

Akiva D. Roth
Hillel Director and Jewish Chaplain
First Year Adviser
Instructor of Jewish Studies


I read this story, it is nothing but sadness and grief...I wish I had the chance to personally meet Steven...It's terrible that his life was cut so short...just as his adult life was right around the corner...

RIP STEVEN FAGAN
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Matthew Ogonowski
 
Posts: n/a
Default

sadly i'm telling the truth. i wish i wasn't he seemed like a cool kid from what i could gather.

seriously though, i say we like find out when the wake is and go. i mean true we never really met him but it's the thought that counts right? and i think that would say something about the unity of our class and bring us together a little. i say we do it for steve.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Akiva Roth Akiva Roth is offline
Young Squirrel
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
Default

Matt- In the Jewish tradition, there is usually no wake and, instead, their is a memorial service followed by a funeral and then, sometimes, a period of seven days of mourning in which the family receives visitors. Due to the sudden nature of Steve's death, it would not surprise me if the family did not have open shiva (the time period after death to receive guests). The memorial service, however, is listed in the Bergen Record as being at 10 am on Tuesday at Gutterman-Musicant Funeral Home in Hackensack, NJ.

May Steve's memory be a blessing.

Akiva D. Roth
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Kettura J. Bennett Kettura J. Bennett is offline
Ranger Cub
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 63
Default in memory of steve

many of us were not given the opportunity to know Steve- yet i am sure each of us are touched when they read the post of his lost. Most of us don't know what to say or are to shacken to say anything. I hope i speak for most when I say that we are deeply filled with sorrowful emotion do to STEVE'S passing- there will be some that will remember his name as we enter in the fall.

steve, though i did not know him, will not be forgotten by me. May his soul rest in peace.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Alona Gutman
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is terribly sad, and my best wishes go out to Steve's friends and family. He seems to have been a wonderfully energetic and fun guy, and I'm sorry so many of us never got to meet him.

I agree Jessica, it might also be nice if we were to donate in Steve Fagan's name to a charity. I don't know exactly how to arrange this, but maybe someone in touch with his family could help out.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Akiva Roth Akiva Roth is offline
Young Squirrel
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
Default

Jessica- I agree with your sentiments. Any memorial service is very emotional and close knit and I think Steve's will be exceptionally so. I plan on attending myself. I think your idea of planting a tree is a great one. Last year, also in July, one of our Juniors-soon-to-be-seniors was killed in a car accident. In the fall time, we planted a tree in her memory in Brothers' College Courtyard.

Akiva D. Roth
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.5.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Drew University is not responsible for the content of posts made on this site. All posts and comments reflect the opinion of the author.