Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Squirrel

Default News About Scheduling...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Jessica D. Glickman : 01-06-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Alona Gutman

Thanks for the info, I was worried about the FYS- I hope I got the one I wanted.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Jacqueline DiLorenzo

Haha, I don't even understand what to do...

I picked out some classes and some alternates... some have an "A" in the column that says "Adv Appr" and they all have that "student" button. It shows my registration status as green even though I never sent anything in. How do I do it? Do I click "Officially register"?

I hate anything that says "official", haha. I put it off as long as possible.

Seriously, though, I feel like a moron. I don't get this thing.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Kristen Shubeck

I didn't get it either, I had my friend from Yale come over and help me lol. The "A" means that that class is currently available and that you don't need any prerequisites. You do need to click the "Officially Register" button, scary I know. But after you click it they should send you an email and you can check on the same website that you are registering on it should say on the left hand side "Class Schedule" or something like that. Check to make sure that you aren't already registerd and then check after you register to make sure everything went through okay.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Jacqueline DiLorenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen Shubeck
I didn't get it either, I had my friend from Yale come over and help me lol. The "A" means that that class is currently available and that you don't need any prerequisites. You do need to click the "Officially Register" button, scary I know. But after you click it they should send you an email and you can check on the same website that you are registering on it should say on the left hand side "Class Schedule" or something like that. Check to make sure that you aren't already registerd and then check after you register to make sure everything went through okay.

What about that "student" button? and do you know if you can make changes afterwards?

Last edited by Jacqueline DiLorenzo : 07-10-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Elder Drewid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen Shubeck

Um...so yeah our system is a *little* different than Yale's system. The "A" goes in a little box which, depending on where it is, means that either your Advisor needs to approve your course or pre-req, or that they already have.

The more you know...
Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Raven Brockriede

[quote=Jessica Glickman]I called our good ol friend Drew today and spoke to his Aunt Registrar's Office. If your CampusWeb Fall Course Registration schedule has a button with the word (Student) under the column "Comment *=exist" then you aren't registered for the class, because of some glitch. Which means the class that you think you chose could be filled.

MATH*3*002 INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS
MWF 01:15pm-02:05pm
MATH*3R*004 INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS RECITATION T 10:25am-11:15am

I registered for those too, and same problem-but my recitation registered....weird....lol
Old 07-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Yaroslava Goncharova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Brockriede

MATH*3*002 INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS
MWF 01:15pm-02:05pm
MATH*3R*004 INTRODUCTORY STATISTICS RECITATION T 10:25am-11:15am

I registered for those too, and same problem-but my recitation registered....weird....lol

A similar thing happened to me. I just emailed them and told them to add the actual class..
Old 07-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Dia O'Neil

ahh, first time registration...i remember the terror like it was yesterday. i think i sat in front of my computer for an hour, close to tears, wondering whether to take intro to comp sci or bio of the mind. to be honest, even though you have to "officially" register, that doesn't mean that everything's set in stone. if you're going into drew thinking you want to be an anth major and then suddenly decide a day before orientation that you'd much prefer to be a math major [although i don't know why anyone would do THAT ] then you can still shuffle things around. it just might be a little tricky to get into classes if they are already filled, but most professors are pretty lenient if the class is only JUST filled, and will let another two or three stragglers in. you can change things online after officially registering, too, for a time - just might annoy your advisor if you do it too much, hehe.

so don't sweat it too much - you'll almost inevitably regret your first semester, sometimes first year's schedule. to this day i wish i had never taken intro to ethics, and i absolutely DESPISED my freshman seminar. whatever - i'm still graduating on time, with two majors that i love [god willing, haha]. unfortunately, the only thing that can really prepare someone for college is college, and that definitely goes for scheduling too. STILL confuses me at times. pain in the ass crap...*grumbles*
Old 07-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Jacqueline DiLorenzo

Can someone explain what "offered annually" means? Haha, I know the definition of "annually," but how is it different from saying "offered fall semester" or "offered spring semester"?

I hate asking stupid questions like these. :x