Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Announcements & General Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Squirrel

Red face ATTN GAMERS! Wii? XBOX?

Hey. I have a question regarding game consoles.

We are thinking about getting a Wii system as a family gaming system. It looks like the Wii offers fun games including exercise. However we were wondering whether other platforms have better games and graphics.

Age range in family from 4 - 42. Please keep this in mind and let me know what you think...I really appreciate any input you can provide. We have HD LCD TV, wireless internet access and have a PS2.

Thanks! Please reply to post or email cwhitley@drew.edu
Old 12-27-2007, 01:04 AM
Ranger Cub

Well given that age range I recommend the Wii as Nintendo tends to have more family friendly games as opposed to the other consoles.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Jamie E. Jung

Talking Get the Wii!

I would definitely recommend the Wii for a family. There are a lot of really fun games for the console, and even ones where like, 8 people can play at a time. (Wario smooth moves) I have a regular xbox as well and I find that most of the games for it are either one player or for a mature audience (shooter games.) I would definitely go for the Wii.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Thomas M. Morgan

If youre looking for family fun, deffinitely the wii. Everyone can get into it and enjoy it right away.

The Xbox 360 is a good system though, and deffinitely has more power and graphical abilities than the wii. The games are more directed towards hardcore gamers though, and if youre trying to bring everyone together to play it will be much more difficult with the 360.

Wii is also cheaper at 250.00 with new games costing $50,

the 360 ranges from $279 - $450 depending on which version of the system you get, and new games cost $60.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Cheryl A. Hackett

Default Definitely a Wii

My sister who is an avid gamer suggests a Wii. There are actually games coming out for the younger ages as well as the older ages.