Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Gripes
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Sarah G. Davie

Question If you need more proof as to why the Snak Bar/Coffee Shop Sucks

I work at the bookstore, and one slow morning I went to say hi to one of my friends who was waiting to get coffee. No one was there, and a lot of people were waiting, and just left. I decided that since there was nobody there, and Drew takes enough money from us as it is, that I might as well just take a bag of chips. Needless to say, I did not steal them, but I did take some really nice pictures of our wonderful staff of Drew University doing what they do best:

[Photo links removed by moderator]

....why the hell are we paying $50,000 to go to a school who has a retarded staff that can't even stay awake for their shift to serve us really bad coffee?

the world may never know...

Last edited by E. Axel Larsson : 11-30-2007 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Why was this post modified?

There are generally only two circumstances under which a moderator here would be forced to alter or remove a post:

1.) If the material is found to be in violation of a University policy, such as the Human Rights Policy, and through official channels (such as through Student Life) we are asked to remove a post.

2.) If a post exposes personal information of another individual without the person's permission, or is a personal attack against a clearly identified member of the University community.

We hope you understand that we do support everyone's right to express their opinions freely. We want to encourage students, faculty, and staff, alike to use the Drew Community forums to make their voices heard, and to encourage discussion and debate.

Items falling into the #2 category above, however, tend not to advance meaningful discussion about an issue while at the same time significantly increasing the legal liability that the University is exposed to. Such posts also have a strong chance of becoming category #1 items anyway. I removed the photo links in the post above because they depicted a single member of the Sodhexo staff that could have been individually identified. The post was otherwise unaltered.

I'll be happy to go into more discussion on this if anyone has questions or concerns about this or any other issue with the forums.

Thanks for your understanding.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Squirrel

Removing the photo is wrong. A student is trying to expose an issue with sodexho (One of many I might add) and is censored. If there was a legal reason for the removal of this picture than fine, do it. I suggest the person who posted the picture send it to the acorn.

Also, my friend found 2 hairs in his food at the commons today.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Harmony D. Dougher

I think it's great when they actually ARE awake while being unprofessional with their headphones from their ipod in their ears and their music blasting. Don't even bother ordering, just move your mouth, they're going to give you whatever they think you said. My order has been screwed up twice this year already.. while I'm on my way to class, there's no time to fix it then!?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Sarah G. Davie

i have already sent the photo to the acron, and they have not done anything with it, so i figured i would do something myself. i think it is ridiculous that the photo was taken off, and it is not fair. who cares if i exposed a certain worker? good! they werent doing their job. and that is where MY and many other people's money is going.

drew should stop worrying about their image, and actually do something to make this school better
Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Luis M. Gallegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Axel Larsson
2.) If a post exposes personal information of another individual without the person's permission, or is a personal attack against a clearly identified member of the University community.

Sounds like a matter of legal privacy, which is something i'm sure you would want protected if someone started posting pictures of you. You can point out the failings of Sodehxo all day long, good for you, but here at Drew, as in the rest of the country, we tend to value personal privacy. I don't see that you need to plaster someone's face on this forum just to make a point about the service overall. If you have an issue with a certain individual, take the problem to their boss.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Angelina H. DalLago

Unhappy Something needs to be done

So today had to be the best experience I have had at the snack bar. Now I am usually not one to complain about trivial matters and I normally don't dwell on things but I am so upset over this seemingly petty thing. I was at the wrap station ordering my usual spicy chicken wrap and I nicely asked for a pickle. Now I should have known that they would be out of pickles because that is nothing new, but I like to ask in the off chance that I might actually receive one. So I asked my usual "May I have a pickle with that?" to which the lady behind the counter replied in a very brutal tone "No." ....I could not believe that someone would be so rude as to give such an impolite response.

The snack bar used to be such a friendly place last year where the workers would talk to the students and joke with them. I do not know why the attitude has changed but I personally would like a little more respect when I am dishing out so much money for food.