Drew Community  

Go Back   Drew Community > General Forums > Technology Discussion
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Squirrel

Default No sound from T61 laptop

Any suggestions on why I am no longer getting sound out of my laptop? Adjusting system volume via control panel or adjusting volume with speaker icon on lower right desktop (or buttons on keyboard) doesn't make a difference. I've tried restarting the computer and tried using headphones. Doesn't matter if I'm trying to play system sounds or mp3.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Patrick
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Ranger Cub

I've seen instances where the sound driver can be uninstalled without any obvious interaction. You can go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware tab -> Device Manager to check. On my T60p, the sound driver is called SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio, but it may be Conexant integrated audio. If you don't see something like that, or if you see a device with a bang, it may mean your sound card has been uninstalled.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Squirrel

Default hmmm

Many thanks Jonathan. I have the SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio listed. I went through the troubleshoot options until it got to the point where I wouldn't be able to read the instructions and follow them at the same time.
Perhaps time to bring to aid station?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Ranger Cub

Is there a yellow exclamation point or a red x next to the node? If there is, the driver may not be loaded properly.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Wayne N. Gravesande

You can just go to the Lenovo website and re-download the audio driver and that should fix it.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Ranger Cub

i have the same issue with my t400 i went to cns and the guy uninstalled my conexant audio deal and said he reinstalled it but when i tried to turn up the volume it said no device installed. but prior to him uninstalling it the device was there and i could mess with the volume but there was just no sound no i don't even have the device and the sound. what should i do?