Go Back   Drew Community > Student Forums > CLA Students > Current CLA students
uLogin ID  
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Dia O'Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven M. Brockriede
hmmmmmmmmmm...you sound like a person to go to when BOREDUM is a threat of an option....lol!

*although I may be a bit SCARED of you....for no reason in particular...none at ALL...

***don't hurt me!!!!!!!****

_flinch_ haha!

dude im awesome. and totally normal in the grand spectrum of drew kids. you dont need to be afraid of me unless you see me walking down the path at 9:40am after my old english class. basically at that point i will braindead and prone to zombie-ism. complete with brain consumption and moaning.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Ranger Cub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca M. Caputo
hey, did you get the day off from school that day? we did! pretty much every school in MA closed that day. the diesel in the buses turned to gel because it was so cold! it was awesome!!
haha NO I didn't, my stupid school made us go anyway...we all could have been popsicles in the classroom but because it's a private school they can do whatever they want to us and get away with it scott free!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Raven M. Brockriede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber F. LaCasse
I'm a fellow Rhode Islander! And while I'm not old enough to remember the blizzard of '78, I do remember the nor'easter of...'98? Being, like, 10, maybe it seemed a lot more of a big deal than it was...but I can remember struggling through thigh deep snow over to my neighbor's house, and almost being buried under snow falling from their roof. Good times.

Oh, and for the cold factor, one winter a couple of years ago it was like, 15 degrees below zero with the wind chill, and you could get frostbite in 5-10 minutes...also good times.

haha!!!!!!!! actually, JERSEY got that '98 one too!~ and I am PROUD to say, that I made a snowman 7feet tall that year...or at least 6'6"...because it TOWERED over my daddy! haha! YESSSSSSSSSS!

buuuuttt...these days, snow is my enemy...
probably b/c I have NEVER skied or snowboarded...or any of that FUN stuff.. WHO WANTS TO TAKE ME???~~
haha
Old 08-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Danna L. Gutman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin P. Egan
There was this awful incident last year on the night of midnight breakfast (before fall finals). It had recently rained and you could still feel the moisture in the air. The combination of the rain and the cold weather meant that pretty much all of the walkways between the dorms and the commons were covered in ice. I stepped out of riker and nearly slid right off the stairwell onto the concrete below. It was a nightmare getting to the commons and back, but sure enough, plenty of people braved it to experience midnight breakfast.

Are you kidding me? Awful incident? Sure it may have been the most dangerous and had the *potential* for some major accidents... but it sure was the most memorable midnight breakfast ever. Pretty funny to step outside and realize you have no traction whatsoever. It took me a while to find the right shoes to wear... And then seeing everyone at the Commons in spite of the whole situation was pretty funny, people are so intent on getting their muffins at 1 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia O'Neil
*grin* i had a texan friend last year, and she would do a "snow dance" when it snowed. she lived in mexico/on the mexican border for most of her life, so she'd never seen it before. her professor actually let her out of class because she was so jumpy and excited. it was pretty funny [albeit obnoxious once she discovered the joy of snow balls].
My freshman year, a guy from Hawaii lived on my floor. He didn't really have clothing for cold weather, and we had to take him to get appropriate clothes for winter in Jersey.

The first day it snowed (a fairly light dusting), a bunch of us dragged him outside and rolled him down the hill outside of Welch. He ran back inside, chattering and screaming about how cold snow was. But by the end of the day, he was begging us to play in the snow with him...

the Enterprise Technology Center
Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Elder Drewid

Awwww like a puppy
Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly Tabatabaie
Awwww like a puppy
Considering some of his antics later on in his college career (and early in his professional life), it's really disturbing to think of him as a puppy.

the Enterprise Technology Center
Old 08-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Dia O'Neil

speaking of cute fluffy things, golly, are you bringing meiko?

i want cute fluffy things!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Elder Drewid

No, she's too attached to mom and dad's place....but I still have Meatball! He's cute and fluffy isn't he??
Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Laure D'Angelo

I heard Drew is haunted,has anyone seen any ghosts at night???????